Beeping noise

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Sportsman

Post by Sportsman »

Just pickef up a new sport nav. Replacement for one i already had. Can anybody tell me what a beeping noise - one beep- is that i get. Had it twice on a 90 mile journey. Its not due to outside temperature change as temp has been 7 degrees. Nothing flashes up on dash or screen. I'm bafled to know what it is. Does anybody now?
Sport Nav 2018, Petrol, Mica Blue, Manual, 2-wd

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Lane warning will beep above 40mph if you cross a white line and don't use the indicators.Could be that.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Congratulations on your 2nd new Sport Nav. You could be the first here on their 2nd one :) I can't recall hearing that noise myself but hopefully someone here will be able to help if they've encountered the same beep noise and it's not the lane warning beep mentioned by MJC1216 above.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

When I first had my sport nav I also couldn't work out why the car sometimes beeped at me, on mine it was the speed warning which was set for 30mph, and I didn't realize this would beep whenever I went over 30 mph whatever the speed limit was. So when on duel carriage ways and had to slow down for a roundabout it would bleep as I picked up speed. :lol: took a while till I realized. But as you are not new to the CX3 probably not the same in your case.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Low temperature warning 4 degrees and under or lane departure warning.
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

If it's lane warning.... Shouldn't it show on Head's Up display? - Or is there an option to 'beep only' in the settings?
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Yes it does show up on hud (for the duration of the warning). Ours is set to rumble sound - maybe you could change setting to rumble and try this Andy.
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

It could be the LDWS that's causing the beep in your car, but even so it would still show the picture of a car crossing the white lines in your HUD. Reason I've not heard it for the LDWS is that mine is set to the factory default of the "rumble in the jungle" sound :) Might be worth checking or changing your setting to see if it makes a difference.

Another possiblity is the beep for exceeding the speed limit - per Navigation Manual "You will hear a warning beep if you exceed the speed limit by a certain percentage". Again, this can be changed in the settings so you just get a visual warning - in red if I remember correctly - shown on the map. The latter also is show on the current model's HUD.
Last edited by st3v3cx-3 on Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Sportsman wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:16 pm... - one beep- is that i get. Had it twice on a 90 mile journey. Its not due to outside temperature change as temp has been 7 degrees. Nothing flashes up on dash or screen...

Hmm... If LDWS is set to beep it gives more than one beep and it will show on the dash and active display, so that doesn't fit the symptoms.
You get one beep with the temperature alarm, but that has already been discounted too.
Agree that the speed alarm is a possibility and worth checking what it's set to.
Otherwise, I think we'll need some more info from Sportsman.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
santa

Post by santa »

Can it be the BSW?
Mine will, on occasion, catch the car behind me, when I'm turning right (which would be left in the UK).
It only comes with one beep and the first few times I didn't know what that beep was for.
Of course it only happens when I use the turn signal with a car behind (and then not always).
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.