Auto Gearbox Fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Bill

Post by Bill »

anchorman wrote:
Bill wrote:
anchorman wrote:How you getting on with your claim Bill?
Hi anchorman
Thanks for inquiring. No joy yet, I went out to the dealer and removed all my personnel belongings from the car and noted they had started to strip out the gear lever inside the car, when I spoke to the sales manager again he said it was just a simple matter of swapping the gearbox. :cry: He is no mechanic, :shock: I told him again I have rejected the car and he informed me that was a decision for Mazda to make not him, I have been on to Mazda customer care and am waiting to hear back from them. I am prepared to except a like for like replacement or my money back, and I don't think the later will happen, so all I can do now is wait and run about in the hired Renault Capture. :(
Bill
I don't blame you for rejecting it because, frankly, they don't have pukka mechanics, just nvq style fitters in many cases and they can do more harm than good. I also wonder why they are pulling the gearstick to bits when the box went bang?
God knows.
I was contacted by Mazda C.C. today and told they cannot replace the car as it was the dealers responsibility, but they would contribute towards another new Mazda should I decide to trade mine in :lol: the dealer said they were not prepared to replace the car as they were replacing gearbox, but also informed me I could trade in my car if I wished against a new one after my car was back on the road. I can imagine what the what the deprecation will be for the few days I have had it. This is my first new Mazda car and I think it will be my last, all they want is your cash. :x Bill
Sport Nav Diesel AWD Automatic

Bill

Post by Bill »

Well still running about in the Renault Captur. Mazda C.C. phoned me to let me know that the dealer was to try fitting two new switches to the car? to see how that goes, I think they are trying everything before replacing the Auto box as that could cost several thousands of pounds to replace :shock: no word from the Dealer on the matter of my request to have the car replaced with a new one, :( They have had my car in for over a fortnight now, so wont be long before they have had it longer than me :!: Mazda C.C. are phoning me again on Wednesday with an update on the car.
Bill
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Bill wrote:Well still running about in the Renault Captur. Mazda C.C. phoned me to let me know that the dealer was to try fitting two new switches to the car? to see how that goes, I think they are trying everything before replacing the Auto box as that could cost several thousands of pounds to replace :shock: no word from the Dealer on the matter of my request to have the car replaced with a new one, :( They have had my car in for over a fortnight now, so wont be long before they have had it longer than me :!: Mazda C.C. are phoning me again on Wednesday with an update on the car.
Bill
One of the guys on the American forum has had one fitted at 500 miles.

Tell the dealer you want a CX5 or your money back.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Gus

Post by Gus »

Not that this will help Bill but spotted this today http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/miscel ... to-reject/

How is it going Bill?
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
Bill

Post by Bill »

Gus wrote:Not that this will help Bill but spotted this today http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/miscel ... to-reject/

How is it going Bill?
Thanks for that Gus but it's one thing knowing what your rights are but another getting that through to the dealer! as for an update I got a call from Mazda C.C. today to let me know the switches that the dealer was advised to fit made no difference to the gearbox problem , so they will have to go back to the drawing board and come up with something else :( I am expecting another call on Friday from Mazda C.C. for an update. No word from the Dealer and when I do phone them they refer me back to Mazda C.C. Then they tell me my contract is with the dealer so I'm Piggy in the middle. The dealer has had my car for 21 days now and I have had the use of it for37 days from new :x Getting to like the hired Renault Capture now :oops: Will see whats next when I get the call on Friday.
Bill
Bill

Post by Bill »

Bill wrote:
Gus wrote:Not that this will help Bill but spotted this today http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/miscel ... to-reject/

How is it going Bill?
Thanks for that Gus but it's one thing knowing what your rights are but another getting that through to the dealer! as for an update I got a call from Mazda C.C. today to let me know the switches that the dealer was advised to fit made no difference to the gearbox problem , so they will have to go back to the drawing board and come up with something else :( I am expecting another call on Friday from Mazda C.C. for an update. No word from the Dealer and when I do phone them they refer me back to Mazda C.C. Then they tell me my contract is with the dealer so I'm Piggy in the middle. The dealer has had my car for 21 days now and I have had the use of it for37 days from new :x Getting to like the hired Renault Capture now :oops: Will see what's next when I get the call on Friday.
Bill
Update. Well that will be four weeks this Friday that my new CX3 has been it the Dealers workshop for the Auto gearbox fault, and the box has not been removed from the car yet! :shock: so God knows how much longer I will have to wait for an outcome. I have now covered about the same miles in the hired car they gave me as I have with my new CX3, :? No help from Mazda C.C. only keeping me updated on the repair.
Bill
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Beyond a joke Bill. You've got more patience than me.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Bill

Post by Bill »

anchorman wrote:Beyond a joke Bill. You've got more patience than me.
Hi anchorman
Good news at last the Manager from the Mazda Dealer is just off the phone to informed me, he is prepared to replace my car like for like with a new CX-3 Sport Nav 1.5 Diesel AWD Automatic which should be here in a fortnight, the only thing is it's a soul Red car and not a Ceramic one, But I like both colours :!: may be I will sleep at night now :D better late than never :D
Happy Bill
Gus

Post by Gus »

Result, although they took their sweet time about it, get them to change the purchase date to when the new one arrives and you will be covered by the change in law that's starts tomorrow, just in case.

I am pleased for you Bill but what concerns me and every other auto driver here, is what was the root cause or was it a one off. :D

edit:- Nothing wrong with Soul Red..... :lol:
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
kamperman

Post by kamperman »

That's great news Bill :) Even better..... you now have the best colour ;)