No Nav Directons on HUD

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
WestLowerBlue

Post by WestLowerBlue »

Hi,

Recently took ownership of 2018 CX-3 GT Sport. Loving the car but have one annoying glitch with the HUD no displaying directions when navigation to a destination is in use. Info centre is working find with both visual and audible directions working fine, just not the HUD. Unfortunately the selling dealer is unable to resolve the problem so I'm turning to the forum to see if any other owners have had the same problem and know of a solution.

A little additional information that may help. If the Nav is reset the HUD works, at least for the rest of that day. However, the next day/next time the nav is used the HUD again does not display the directions.

Any help to resolve the issue will be much appreciated.

Thanks
2018 CX-3 GT Sports Nav. 2.0L Auto, Petrol, Ceramic

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

As you're no doubt aware, you can switch on/off the Active Driving Display (HUD) setting for turn by turn navigation via the centre infotainment screen. Therefore, I would check that the infotainment (MZD-Connect) software is up-to-date, and if not, a Mazda dealer can update it; I think the latest version is 59.00.502A.

If you've got memory seat, the display height, brightness and what information is displayed are all stored in the two seat memories, so you could try resetting both memories to show all information.

Your Mazda dealer has the diagnostics equipment and access to the UK technical support department to be able to resolve this issue under warranty. I would advise that, if you're not getting anywhere with them, complain to the Mazda Motors UK Customer Relations team on 03457 48 48 48 between 09:00-18:00hrs Mon - Fri.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

Never had that problem. However the history function refuses to work on my gt sport. Have had car back to dealer for new maps, sd card etc 3 times. Dealer is currently referring to Mazda Uk, looking at replacing software and/or hardware. Would be interested to know if you have same problem. Been wondering if they have been using old kit on the special edition as everything worked fine on my 65 plate sel nav 3
Was GT Sport 2.0 Petrol Auto Meteor Grey 39mpg round the doors 46mpg on a run
Now 2019 Mazda 3 2.0 petrol auto Meteor Grey
WestLowerBlue

Post by WestLowerBlue »

Thanks for the pointers.

I've check the software version currently installed and it is 59.00.504 so assume this to be latest. SD card is also up to date with the March 2018 version installed. Have taken the advice and also reprogrammed the drivers seat positon for my wife and myself. This may have resolved the issue but I will need to wait until tomorrow to be sure as the system seems to reset for no particular reason.
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Dealer time!
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

Try a reset; press Mute, Back and Nav all at the same time for 20 seconds.
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.
WestLowerBlue

Post by WestLowerBlue »

All,

The issue appears to have been resolved. Thanks to the advice received from jtonline. Having ensured the Nav settings were correct I then re-saved the seat memories (position 1 and 2) and everything has worked fine since then.

I've passed this piece of advice onto the dealer and suggested they in turn pass it onto Mazda doe inclusion in the owners manual.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and help. I'll certainly be returning to the forum for technical advice in the future if needed.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Good news.
I ought to get a job at Mazda :)
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Excellent news re the fix WestLowerBlue. Having the sat nav direction arrows showing in your HUD will make following your journey routes much easier. Feel free to stay around even if you don't require further technical advice - after all, we haven't seen a pic of your car yet :)
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Jammie1989

Post by Jammie1989 »

Was just about to say I've had the same issue but mine is working as it should be now. Have also since reset the memory in the seats as wanted a slight change. Has been fine for past week so I think the above is the solution :)

Mines back in at the dealers 1st May (Earliest they have a car I can use) to get the software updated as I don't have DAB song information (Option is on) and it keeps restarting the display when I get in the car.

Also have the rattle from the little bit of plastic behind the interior drivers side door handle. Was going to pack with foam but will see if the dealer can fix first.
GT Sport 2.0 Manual Ceramic - Manchester