Is the paint incredibly soft?

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
DrewUK

Post by DrewUK »

In all the years I’ve been driving I’ve never had a car that’s received so much attention from other cars, mainly minor parking scrapes.

I had the car repaired last October (after 3 incidents] but since then it’s received damage to the front bumper on another 3 occasions.

Before I bite the bullet and get bumper repaired again, has anyone had similar problems or got any advice on how to prevent this happening. Could a different clear coat be used which would be tougher? Or is there a clear wrap that could be applied to the front bumper?

My main frustration is this could be money better spent on more accessories 😁

Thanks Drew
CX-3 Sport Nav+, Soul Red Crystal, 2.0 Petrol, Automatic, Safety Pack.

tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Unlucky I guess!
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

tyrfelin wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:35 pm Unlucky I guess!
Fully agree my paint is fine.
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

The Soul Red paint is very soft.
Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

All modern paints are softer as they are water based now. You can have clear film applied which will certainly help with stone chips on the front. A good company will probably charge you around £200 to do the front end and unless you look really close you can't tell it's been applied. It's usually best to have it applied when the car is new, if it's older you need to have the chips fixed first, so obviously it's gets more expensive.
2018 CX-3 GT Sport Automatic Ceramic Metallic. Options fitted, arm rest, led interior lamps, sill plates, boot mat and front bumper trim cover.
DrewUK

Post by DrewUK »

Cheers for reponses fellas.

Did think it strange that people round here suddenly got clumsier with their parking - last few scrapes have polished out ok but this lastest one has taken clear coat off so will definitely need someone more skilled than me to sort i.

Clear wrap sounds like it could do the trick and maybe save me some money in the long run - thanks for the tip I shall start googling for local fitters.

Drew :D
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

DrewUK wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:58 am In all the years I’ve been driving....
Might be a clue right there?
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.
DrewUK

Post by DrewUK »

You saying Im old ? :D
BRY

Post by BRY »

I don’t think it’s all down to luck it’s all down to careless parking and people who can’t park ,if you sit on a car park and watch you will see what I mean.
Cx-3 SE-L Navigation Auto petrol eternal blue 2019
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

BRY wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 2:55 pm I don’t think it’s all down to luck it’s all down to careless parking and people who can’t park ,if you sit on a car park and watch you will see what I mean.
Totally agree there!
I used to get annoyed when I saw cars parked across two bays.... Until I realised they're just trying to protect their investment against the idiots that sling their door open into the car next to them!
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...