Email on Mazda MZD

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

After four weeks and a lot of help on here i think i have most things sorted.

However i need advice from the good members on here.

My phone is linked to the MZD and SMS messages are displayed etc without any problems.

However i can't link my email from my phone as when i go into the settings it only shows SMS to activate but online it shows...

Select Text Messages or Email from the Communication menu This does not come up on my screen just SMS

Am i being thick or is it not possible to link email.

Many thanks

Mark

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Hmm.. not sure where you've seen that online.
In the EU it's SMS only, as far as I'm aware.
http://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.com/ ... uage=en-EU
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

The MZD will only display SMS messages from my HP Windows phone. However if my wife's Samsung Android phone connects the MZD does display e-mails as well. I don't know if it is the phone operating system, phone settings or the MZD settings as I haven't really delved in to it yet.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

My Samsung links for emails too
Was GT Sport 2.0 Petrol Auto Meteor Grey 39mpg round the doors 46mpg on a run
Now 2019 Mazda 3 2.0 petrol auto Meteor Grey
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

What is the requirement for reading emails on the infotainment centre? Surely nobody is stupid enough to try and read them while driving! They can be read on your phone when you are parked. I don't think any in car system should be allowed to show them unless the engine is switched off. I can't be the only person who thinks the same, can I?
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

If I'm driving my wife will read them as the passenger.
But I do agree, all the info on the MZD is a potential distraction for the driver including the Sat Nav.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Strangways wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:50 pm What is the requirement for reading emails on the infotainment centre? Surely nobody is stupid enough to try and read them while driving! They can be read on your phone when you are parked. I don't think any in car system should be allowed to show them unless the engine is switched off. I can't be the only person who thinks the same, can I?
I wouldn't read them when driving BUT i was hoping they could be read out aloud to me like SMS.

It would appear that it is down to the type of mobile phone and that the MZD can display them in certain circumstances.

Not the end of the world for me just asking the question.