Problems updating SatNav ?

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Lordy1

Post by Lordy1 »

Just picked up my new Sport Nav Diesel Auto on Tuesday and probably sadly decided to update the SatNav, downloaded Mazda Toolbox, noted that the SD card was 8 GB with about 1.5 GB free. Wouldn't allow me to proceed as it stated that there was not enough free space on my card for the available update ! Been on to Mazda as recommended by the toolbox, who have returned my emails promptly but haven't resolved anything. Will try the dealership next, anybody else had this problem ?
CX 3 Sports Nav Diesel Auto AWD Ceramic

anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Heyup Lordy.

Good to hear from you again. I often wonder how you are getting on especially as we worked out how to disable that darn TPMS warning light on a RAV!

I’ve not ried an update yet but going off how an iPhone works, will it let you back the card up? If so, you could then re load a new 16Gb card and see if that works.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Bill

Post by Bill »

Lordy1 wrote:Just picked up my new Sport Nav Diesel Auto on Tuesday and probably sadly decided to update the SatNav, downloaded Mazda Toolbox, noted that the SD card was 8 GB with about 1.5 GB free. Wouldn't allow me to proceed as it stated that there was not enough free space on my card for the available update ! Been on to Mazda as recommended by the toolbox, who have returned my emails promptly but haven't resolved anything. Will try the dealership next, anybody else had this problem ?
Hi Lordy My SD card updated Ok but took over 45mts to do so, but my sat nav is like others sometimes it wont start up, but all you have to do is switch the IG off then on again and it's works Ok. The only thing now is I don't have my car, it's in the dealers for that gearbox fault.
Bill
Sport Nav Diesel AWD Automatic
Lordy1

Post by Lordy1 »

Thanks Anchorman, reading Mazda online they seem a bit strong around using a Navteq SD card, don't know whether its some recognition data put on the card or whether its just marketing ? it shows me its backed up but won't give me access to the files !

Bill, can I ask what system you were using windows or Apple, its just as I only have an iMac and Mazda are suggesting i use a Windows based system ? Genuinely hope you get the gearbox sorted it sounds a bit drastic on a new car.
Bill

Post by Bill »

Lordy1 wrote:Thanks Anchorman, reading Mazda online they seem a bit strong around using a Navteq SD card, don't know whether its some recognition data put on the card or whether its just marketing ? it shows me its backed up but won't give me access to the files !

Bill, can I ask what system you were using windows or Apple, its just as I only have an iMac and Mazda are suggesting i use a Windows based system ? Genuinely hope you get the gearbox sorted it sounds a bit drastic on a new car.
Windows 10 Lordy !
Sport Nav Diesel AWD Automatic
oesterga

Post by oesterga »

Hi
I have had issues trying to update the SD card via mac/ OS el capitan.

It worked much better when trying on a windows computer. So i suggest you get hold of a Windows PC
Lordy1

Post by Lordy1 »

Thanks Oesterga I agree that is probably the way forward
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Probably the best solution. The MZD OS is android biased and doesn't support much Apple.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD