And So It Begins ...

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
User1234

Post by User1234 »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:47 pm
tyrfelin wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:48 pm Hope you are covered under warranty!!
Unless there is some kind of external damage to the condenser caused by stones etc, then in my opintion all air con problems should be covered by the 3yr Mazda UK warranty
I agree! Mine is only 18 months old, no way is that any age for air con to be packing up. My old Mazda 3 was at least 10 yrs before it it stopped working and even now I think it only needs regassing. Always something though, my 13 yr old Mazda 3 had the DSC stop working at 50k miles and Mazda didn’t want to know, what they wanted was £1500 to fix it even though they knew there was a problem with the units, so frustrating but I’m older and wiser this time so I’m not letting it go if they try to charge me for fixing it.

zoylander

Post by zoylander »

My car was registered in July 2016, and the leak from the condenser was discovered during the first annual service. As the a/c was working I had no idea that anything was wrong until the service manager told me.

When the replacement condenser was fitted they assured me that it was an improved version. It has been trouble free so far, but no doubt they will check it at the second annual service which is due within the next three months.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

I don’t understand why everyone gets so angry about these failures.

It was clearly a faulty batch of components, which Mazda are replacing, as they should under warranty.

I sure i read somewhere, although I can’t recall exactly where - maybe in the TSB, that the component has been redesigned, thus eliminating, or at least reducing, the chance of any recurrence.

Yes it is an inconvenience to have return the car to the dealer for repair, but so what - I used the time to test drive some of the other stock.

A typical car has somewhere between 15-25000 components; even with all the testing in the world, failures will occur. My view is to accept that at some point, my car’s will have some form of mechanical or electrical failures. I’m more concerned with how quickly and efficiently my local garage can fix it. To that end, spending money having it maintained by them, rather than trying to save £50 by using a small independent who won’t know the nuances of my car, or doing the work myself, is money well spent. It helps keep the dealer in business and creates some goodwill.

Just last week I was in my local dealer and a customer was facing a £500 bill to replace an EGR component on his 8yr old / 10,000 mile car - because he had used this dealer to maintain it, the dealer was prepared to discount the work AND seek a contribution from MAzda UK. I doubt very much he would have been offered that if he had skimped on the maintence or gone elsewhere.
BRY

Post by BRY »

Mine failed yesterday going in week on Monday.
Cx-3 SE-L Navigation Auto petrol eternal blue 2019
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

Greenman wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:45 pm I don’t understand why everyone gets so angry about these failures.

It was clearly a faulty batch of components, which Mazda are replacing, as they should under warranty.

I sure i read somewhere, although I can’t recall exactly where - maybe in the TSB, that the component has been redesigned, thus eliminating, or at least reducing, the chance of any recurrence.

Yes it is an inconvenience to have return the car to the dealer for repair, but so what - I used the time to test drive some of the other stock.

A typical car has somewhere between 15-25000 components; even with all the testing in the world, failures will occur. My view is to accept that at some point, my car’s will have some form of mechanical or electrical failures. I’m more concerned with how quickly and efficiently my local garage can fix it. To that end, spending money having it maintained by them, rather than trying to save £50 by using a small independent who won’t know the nuances of my car, or doing the work myself, is money well spent. It helps keep the dealer in business and creates some goodwill.

Just last week I was in my local dealer and a customer was facing a £500 bill to replace an EGR component on his 8yr old / 10,000 mile car - because he had used this dealer to maintain it, the dealer was prepared to discount the work AND seek a contribution from MAzda UK. I doubt very much he would have been offered that if he had skimped on the maintence or gone elsewhere.
I think what people are complaining about is the time it takes for the dealer to inspect the car and the threatening charge for doing so on a known fault

I personally have no complaints as my dealer looked at it straight away and was upfront about the issue
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Argh - maybe I’m lucky that my dealer didn’t dare charge me for 10 minute investigation.
But, thanks to this forum, I had to relevant TSB with me to tell them the problem and action.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Poor customer service from Mazda.I hope someone at Mazda UK reads this forum as they need to get their house in order.

My problem has been a lack of a welcome pack but two emails and one phone call to Mazda customer services have proved fruitless.Not impressed.
Deleted User 437

Post by Deleted User 437 »

Groan, used the car on Friday, no air con, tried it again yesterday in the vain hope it might work but nope :( It just blows warm air.

By coincidence the dealer phoned me last Monday about changing it for a new CX3, I have an appointment next Saturday, I bet they won't be so keen to offer me a deal now!
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Greenman wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:26 pm Argh - maybe I’m lucky that my dealer didn’t dare charge me for 10 minute investigation.
But, thanks to this forum, I had to relevant TSB with me to tell them the problem and action.
You are lucky if they almost checked it while you waited. Mine wanted the car in all day to just fit in the investigation and subsequently confirming as per the TSB that the control unit needed replacing. To compound the issue they don't hold any stock of replacement control units so the car has had to be booked in for another day to have it replaced. This is the same situation as happened with the faulty condenser last year.

With the known problems on parts of the air-con system, I would have thought from a customer services point of view it would be more efficient to hold a small stock of these items - replenished on an as used basis - so when a car is booked in for a day for the air-con to be investigated they could allow time to carry out the repair on that same visit. If that isn't possible, then when booking the car in for the investigation element make that a while you wait one so at least the car isn't off the road for 2 days?
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
goldhillman

Post by goldhillman »

My car is just one year old with 7k on the clock. As was said, it’s not the fact that components fail, it’s that Mazda know about the fault but have done little to prepare for the high demand of the part so we are left waiting for weeks for the replacement. Not good enough.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Stone Leather, March 2017.