And So It Begins ...

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Mine is almost 2 yrs old with less than 9k on the clock and.... Well..... Touch wood!
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...

goldhillman

Post by goldhillman »

Update: Took it to Mazda agent in Yeovil today. Was told it would take two hours as they would need to charge system, add dye and check for leaks. Turns ot Mazda now add dye in the factory so a quick shine of the UV light through the front grille revealed a major leak from the condenser. Part ordered; replacement end of next week.
Still not sure why I cannot hear the pump kick in when I turn on the AC though. Would it refuse to pump if there is no gas? Or is it that I can’t hear it as there is no pressure?
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Stone Leather, March 2017.
Jroper

Post by Jroper »

Yes, there is a pressure switch that prevents the compressor from operating and damaging itself.
2017 CX-3 Sport, Auto, AWD
Gus

Post by Gus »

No pressure so it’s not kicking in. Next issue will be the evaporator, which is a dashboard job but having said that each dealer is getting pretty good replacing the condensor and evaporator now as they have had plenty of experience!
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
goldhillman

Post by goldhillman »

Is the evaporator failure a given? If so, I might suggest the dealer does that at the same time.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Stone Leather, March 2017.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

goldhillman wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:56 pm Is the evaporator failure a given? If so, I might suggest the dealer does that at the same time.
I spoke to Mazda about this and no the evaporator failure is rare in comparison to the condenser. I doubt if Mazda will give the okay for the evaporator unless it is faulty.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Strangways wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:26 pm ...the evaporator failure is rare in comparison to the condenser. I doubt if Mazda will give the okay for the evaporator unless it is faulty.
I agree.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Had the air con control panel changed today. That's 2 (last year was the condenser) of the possible 3 air con related problem areas fixed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I don't get the hat trick!
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:20 pm Had the air con control panel changed today.....
Everyone needs the control.panel changing if you have an early edition CX3; assembled before Mazda corrected software production errors You may not notice the software getting confused at 10 or 11 degrees Celsius external air temperature, but it does.
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

How old is an early edition - mine is 14 months old
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White