And So It Begins ...

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
goldhillman

Post by goldhillman »

I was rather hoping I had escaped the dreaded A/C problem - alas it was not to be. On the way to work today in the first warm weather of the year and noticed a new noise which disappears when the A/C is turned off. Additionally, it blows out warm air on the lowest setting. Contacted my local dealer in Salisbury - earliest date for an "inspection" is May 1st! That is only the first step. Then they will have to order parts and book it in for the work. Not a happy bunny.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Stone Leather, March 2017.

tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Hope you are covered under warranty!!
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
User1234

Post by User1234 »

Exactly the same here. I didn’t even know there had been an issue with air con until mine stopped working yesterday when I left work. I mostly have it running as the car steams up pretty quickly in the winter so I keep it on and strangely about 4-5 weeks ago I had a strange squealing noise coming from the system and it wasn’t until I turned the air con off last week that it stopped doing it, then yesterday on leaving work I got no cold air not even a little bit of cold air. Called the dealership today and they’ve booked it in for 14th May and I said I really don’t want this to cost me anything given that the car is only 18 months old and the guy confirmed that they have had an issue with the condensers on the CX3 and the Mazda 2 and he seemed quite confident that it wouldn’t be costing me anything and it really better not. Strangely I’ve never found it to clear my windscreen of mist very well at all. I have a 13 year old Mazda 3 with failed air con and that clears the windscreen brilliantly even with the air con being rubbish. I’m keeping everything crossed that it can be fixed and it’s going to be covered by them. I will report back in a month!
Chas

Post by Chas »

Mine too, booked in for 1st May. No cooling at all, dealer reckons the evaporator has cracked. New one being ordered.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

goldhillman wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:34 pm I was rather hoping I had escaped the dreaded A/C problem - alas it was not to be. On the way to work today in the first warm weather of the year and noticed a new noise which disappears when the A/C is turned off. Additionally, it blows out warm air on the lowest setting. Contacted my local dealer in Salisbury - earliest date for an "inspection" is May 1st! That is only the first step. Then they will have to order parts and book it in for the work. Not a happy bunny.
Around two months ago, when the external temperature was starting to rise, mine was exhibiting the warm air on all but the very lowest setting problem. Had the same problem a year ago but then it was put down to a leaky condenser which was changed under warranty and seemed to fix the problem. This time it is the faulty control unit problem - covered by a Mazda technical service bulletin - as confirmed by the dealer when I took it in for investigation early last month. Booked in next week for the control unit to be changed, again under warranty, at the same time as the 2nd annual service is undertaken. Finger crossed nothing more goes wrong with the system!

These technical service bulletins might be of interest :-
Last edited by st3v3cx-3 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

tyrfelin wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:48 pm Hope you are covered under warranty!!
Unless there is some kind of external damage to the condenser caused by stones etc, then in my opintion all air con problems should be covered by the 3yr Mazda UK warranty
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

The condenser on mine was found to be leaking at the first service and was replaced under warranty.
The part took six weeks to arrive, but meanwhile the a/c continued to work although not 100% efficiently.
When the warranty expires next year I will not extend it unless it specifically includes the a/c system.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
goldhillman

Post by goldhillman »

Managed to get it booked in for an inspection next Wednesday at Mazda dealer in Yeovil. I am assuming the warranty will cover it as I can see no damage from stones etc. They did say they had worked on several Mazda 2’s with the same problem. I’ll let you know what happens. Such a shame as I have a drive to Cornwall tomorrow. Just hope it’s not too warm! :oops:
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Stone Leather, March 2017.
User1234

Post by User1234 »

goldhillman wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:32 pm Managed to get it booked in for an inspection next Wednesday at Mazda dealer in Yeovil. I am assuming the warranty will cover it as I can see no damage from stones etc. They did say they had worked on several Mazda 2’s with the same problem. I’ll let you know what happens. Such a shame as I have a drive to Cornwall tomorrow. Just hope it’s not too warm! :oops:
Good Luck. How old is your car?
User1234

Post by User1234 »

zoylander wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:40 am The condenser on mine was found to be leaking at the first service and was replaced under warranty.
The part took six weeks to arrive, but meanwhile the a/c continued to work although not 100% efficiently.
When the warranty expires next year I will not extend it unless it specifically includes the a/c system.
Mine doesn’t work at all. I can get a bit of cold air on 15 first thing in the morning but turn it up a notch and it blows hot air and no hope of cold air when I leave work. How old is your car?