Lane Departure Warning System settings

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

To move to discussing another feature - has anyone tried out the auto city brake?
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

hsdejong wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:53 pm

The LDWS in my car is not alerting me on a particular time/place along a road. Until now it did not give false alarms. Actually it is performing as it should. When LDWS is alerting me I am indeed crossing or almost crossing a line, most of the time when I cut a bend a little.

It's difficult to experiment with different LDWS settings in a live situation on a motorway with traffic to discover what parameter is actually changed in the system to give more or less alarms.
I was trying to suggest a quiet road that you could drive across white lines at a particular place - But I understand how difficult that could be in a 'live' situation.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

AndyRen wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:07 am I was trying to suggest a quiet road that you could drive across white lines at a particular place - But I understand how difficult that could be in a 'live' situation.
I understand. Thank you for your suggestion.
The ideal situation will be for a traffic research institute on a test track or by a programme like Top Gear :-)

As a retired electronics engineer and computer expert I am curious how things work to better understand what to expect from the car on the road.
The LDWS works for me, but I also understand that some people switches LDWS off entirely, because they have the feeling that their passenger(s) will doubt their driving skills when the LDWS is alerting the driver many times ;-)
Last edited by hsdejong on Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Mazda CX-5 2023 Exclusive-Line (Black Comfort Pack) Petrol FWD Manual Soul Red Crystal Metallic
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

tyrfelin wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:31 am To move to discussing another feature - has anyone tried out the auto city brake?
I have, but didn't mean to.

I sneezed whilst slowing down in a line of traffic, but obviously not quick enough, lots of noises from the dash and the wheels really sounded like the ABS had kicked in, in a big way. it would certainly wake you up if you nodded off. I was able to take over the braking before impact.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

tyrfelin wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:31 am To move to discussing another feature - has anyone tried out the auto city brake?
Please start a new topic to discuss, rather than diverting the course of someone else's - ta.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Ok thanks!
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White