Speed limit warning +0 +5 +10 secs

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Hi, I'm going nuts. i have this set to go off at +0 seconds and I cannot for the life of me remember where it is set. I sat outside last night for a while and got so frustrated went indoors for a beer. The manual is no use either in section 9.13 it just says it can be changed but doesn't tell you how.

Can anyone point me in the right direction. The reason for asking is that near where I live there is a tee junction, at this junction there is a 20mph zone off to the left, I always turn right (which is a 30) but the system picks up the 20mph zone at this junction. This means that for the next 6 or 7 miles it is constantly going off every time I exceed 20 until I get to a 40 zone where the TSR picks up the "new" limit. There is a lot of start/stopping on this 30 mph section and it is really irritating.

Thanks for your help, Andy
Car sold - but still following Mazda.

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

On page 9-13 there's an 'A' in the first column next to that feature, which means 'Refer to page 5-139'!

I haven't got your model of CX-3, but I should think you select the Cog (Settings) icon on the Infotainment dashboard display, then go to the 'Safety' tab, then choose 'Other' and it should become self-evident from there.

P.S: Please add details of your vehicle, including year of registration, to your forum profile signature. It helps when it comes to answering questions.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Hi jtonline, profile updated. I will have a look tonight.
Just out of interest, I started on page 9.14 (Traffic Sign Recognition System (TSR) *4 (page 4-124)) so I looked at 4-124 this tells you nothing useful. On 9.13 referring to the "A" it does point you to 5-139, this refers to "others" but doesn't expand on this, it does point you onwards to page 4-33 and this just warns you about not adjusting the HUD when moving.

My frustration is that nowhere in the manual does it give you step by step instructions, not all of us are 'techy' minded. Rather than waste time sending you on a fools errand through the manual, why don't Mazda just print the procedure.

My Skoda Superb user manual is light years ahead of the Mazda one with step by step instructions for everything - full marks Skoda.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Yeah, it is a bit vague in places.
Let me know how you get on.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

yes, I will. Having another go tonight.
Brum1955

Post by Brum1955 »

I agree, the manual is very poor. The greyscale drawings are difficult to interpret. The manual I received with my 2018 CX3 was printed in 2015, awaiting an up to date copy. Criticism of anything to customer services seems to fall on deaf ears.
Just taken delivery of CX3 Sport Nav 2000 petrol manual in Eternal Blue Mica. This replaces my 21 year old Xedos Sport 2 litre V6.
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

Brum, those Xedos V6 were lovely. Bet you kinda miss her. Loved the little front nose and the grunt from the engine.
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

jtonline wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:06 pm Yeah, it is a bit vague in places.
Let me know how you get on.
I found it. I was expecting it to be within the Navigation menu for some reason but it is found from the main home screen;

Settings > Safety > Traffic Sign Recognition System > Alert Threshold.
Brum1955

Post by Brum1955 »

GeeJam wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:35 pm Brum, those Xedos V6 were lovely. Bet you kinda miss her. Loved the little front nose and the grunt from the engine.
It really was a superb car, I owned for 21 years from new and apart from requiring 2 rear brake calipers only routine parts were replaced. I traded it in for a CX3 in March, one of the salesmen in the dealers acquired it and reckoned it drove better than most of the new ones. Was sorry to see it go but any repairs would cost more than the value of the car. Great pity Mazda never replaced it . Apparently they were built in a separate factory to all other Mazda models. It really was goodbye to an old friend.
Just taken delivery of CX3 Sport Nav 2000 petrol manual in Eternal Blue Mica. This replaces my 21 year old Xedos Sport 2 litre V6.