Detour sensitivity

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

I have some questions about the “Detour Sensitivity” in the Traffic Settings of the MZD connect navigation.
From the Navigation System Owners Manual:

Online traffic information: The application automatically takes into account the traffic events received. <cut> When the navigation system receives traffic information that may effect your route, the programme will warn you that it is recalculating the route, and navigation will continue with a new route that is optimal considering the most up-to-date traffic conditions. To fine-tune this recalculation, you can set the minimum delay that can trigger a route recalculation, or you can instruct the navigation system to have you confirm the new recommended route before it takes effect. You can do these in Traffic Settings.

Detour Sensitivity: You can select how much time delay on the alternative route you are
willing to accept. The alternative route is offered based on the set
time.

1) you can set the minimum delay that can trigger a route recalculation
2) you can select how much time delay on the alternative route you are
willing to accept

These two sentences seems to be in contradiction which each other.
1) is about the original route and 2) is about the detour.
Which one is correct?

How “intelligent” is the use of the Online traffic information? When it recommends a detour, does it take into account the total time (including the extra traffic event delays) of the original route and the time of the recommended detour? Will it only suggest a detour if that takes less time?
And what does the Detour Sensitivity actually do?
  • Mazda CX-5 2023 Exclusive-Line (Black Comfort Pack) Petrol FWD Manual Soul Red Crystal Metallic

Greenman

Post by Greenman »

The first setting determines at what point the system will look for an alternative route (ie how much delay will you accept on the original route)

The second setting determines whether an alternative routes is used (ie how much extra time on the alternative will you accept)
hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

Greenman wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:19 am The first setting determines at what point the system will look for an alternative route (ie how much delay will you accept on the original route)
The second setting determines whether an alternative routes is used (ie how much extra time on the alternative will you accept)
I agree.
But because there is only one setting (detour sensitivity) I am confused...
  • Mazda CX-5 2023 Exclusive-Line (Black Comfort Pack) Petrol FWD Manual Soul Red Crystal Metallic
hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

Apart from Greenman, unfortunately nobody responded to my question :-(
Does this mean that nobody has an answer or possibly nobody is interested?
Maybe (because English is not my native language) my question was not clear?
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

It is not down to your English but down to the question.

I have asked some technical questions on here and not always received a suitable answer.

I think what you are asking is something most people can't answer even on a forum like this.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

hsdejong wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 9:46 pm Apart from Greenman, unfortunately nobody responded to my question :-(
Does this mean that nobody has an answer or possibly nobody is interested?
Maybe (because English is not my native language) my question was not clear?
Your English is excellent. The problem can be the Mazda manuals which are often confusing in many areas. In addition, the online traffic facility is a paid for extra and many of the forum members haven't subscribed to the facility either because :-

1) like me, they don't see paying for this feature which also could involve further data costs from the owner's mobile phone provider somewhat of a cheek and not worth it

2) the forum member utilises a free sat nav app on their mobile and thus just pays an additional cost of any data download of the online traffic information provided by that app

Keep an eye on your thread and you might get an answer from one of the few owners who've paid for the online traffic information facility.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

Dear MJC1216 and st3v3cx-3,

Thank you both for your kind words about my English.

In The Netherlands we are fortunate to have free real-time traffic information (TMC) broadcasted by some stations on the FM (and DAB) radio.
While I am only interested in traffic information and not in local fuel prices or weather information there is no need for me to pay for a subscription on the Mazda Online traffic information via the internet.

I'm aware that an answer to my question is not easy.
I have the impression that the majority of the members on this forum are driving their car in Great Brittain and have no active TMC in their MZD Connect navigation, which will further reduce the chance of a satisfactory answer.