CX3 Auto gearbox not engaging?

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
rconnor2

Post by rconnor2 »

I have a 16 plate, CX3 Sport Nav 1.5 diesel AWD & my gearbox has developed a problem today that I'm interested to know if anyone has experienced. I've noticed on the .com version of this website, people abroad have had this issue.
My car will not engage Drive(D) without a 10 second delay. Luckily, I didn't try revving lots after realising it wasn't working as otherwise I'd have shot through the windscreen! The car suddenly engages after about 10 seconds & if the revs are high the car shoots forward with such a jolt, it sounds like the chassis is coming away from the drivetrain! If I don't put my foot on the accelerator, again there is a lag of 10 seconds before it finally engages. All other gears work. The car has done about 15,000 miles & had a £300 service 2 months ago.

Is anyone able to shed some light?!

anchorman

Post by anchorman »

You need to see the dealer. There is a TSB which advises remapping the box as far as I remember. I’ll see if I can find it.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Aye, this is it. It shows it for the 3 which is the same 1.5 engine and auto box.
Transmission Delayed Engagement When Shifting into D Range.pdf
(392.14 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
santa

Post by santa »

anchorman wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:45 pm Aye, this is it. It shows it for the 3 which is the same 1.5 engine and auto box.
Isn't the 1.5 in the 3 a Skyactiv-G and not a diesel?
I think they only use the Skyactiv-D 2.2 in the 3, not that it should matter in this case.

At times, mine has a slight delay as well, though we're not talking seconds (maybe half a second but still enough that it can lurch forward), and it's not every time.
Maybe I should mention it to my dealer.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.