USB album track reading

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

I've noticed on several albums on my USB stick that when I come to play the album itself the track names are all listed as:-

jpg/image

Weird!

All the albums and tracks are stored in their respected folder/filename etc and I can see no difference or faults (using Mp3tag) anywhere.

The albums and tracks with the weird file names all seem to play fine.
On all of my album folders I have the album art stored as a jpg but why would one album display OK whilst another not???

Anyone else had this?? :?
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...

Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

I have and never solved it.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Does it depend on whether the gracenote database holds the relevant artwork / track details.
As I understand it, the system uses gracenote, not the usb device to read the details.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Handy Andy wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:52 am I have and never solved it.
Strange isn't it??!
Greenman wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:22 am Does it depend on whether the gracenote database holds the relevant artwork / track details.
As I understand it, the system uses gracenote, not the usb device to read the details.
Understand what you're saying, but we're not talking underground thrash metal albums that might only sell a few copies.
One that immediately pops to mind is 'Deja Vu' by Crosy, Stills, Nash and Young - every track is labeled:- jpg/image
Whereas an earlier album, 'Crosby, Stills and Nash' all the tracks are fine.
And I updated Gracenote (from 7) yesterday to Oct 17 version (now 8).

Would be interesting to see if we have the same albums that list the tracks wrong - I'll have to trawl through my list and see if it compares with others here?
AndyRen

Post by AndyRen »

One way to see if it's Gracenote playing up is to play the CD of an album that displays incorrectly - I would assume it would still show tracks as jpg/image???
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Could it be the type of music you like...never been a problem with my Wham CD's :lol:
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

It is not Gracenote causing the problem (it causes other problems)

It is how the tracks were transferred onto the USB pen drive.

If you do a Google search it's a fairly common problem on a variety of playback devices.
AndyRen

Post by AndyRen »

MJC1216 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:04 am Could it be the type of music you like...never been a problem with my Wham CD's :lol:
Errr.... I'll put up with the track listing faults thanks :lol:
rockposer wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:05 pm It is not Gracenote causing the problem (it causes other problems)

It is how the tracks were transferred onto the USB pen drive.

If you do a Google search it's a fairly common problem on a variety of playback devices.
Ok thanks Rock ...I also tried the CD and only got Track 1.... Track 2... Etc with no album cover displayed (should it display the info from cd's??)
Also Station to Station by Bowie gets the jpg/image fault but the cover IS displayed (as is the CSN&Y cover)
All the music was transferred at the same time to the stick.

I did do a Google but obviously asked the wrong question :? :lol: I'll try again later.
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

Not all CD's have track info (CD Text) embedded.

Wait till you get the re-naming of bands I got on my CX-3. Gracenote needs constant updating but Mazda has only updated it once in the last 2 years.
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

rockposer wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:33 pm Not all CD's have track info (CD Text) embedded.

Wait till you get the re-naming of bands I got on my CX-3. Gracenote needs constant updating but Mazda has only updated it once in the last 2 years.
What version do you have? V7 was released Sept 2016 and V8 Dec 2017. I've updated mine twice. I don't do via Mazda Toolbox though
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.