Which options are fitted to my car min

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Brum1955

Post by Brum1955 »

Does anyone know how to establish exactly what options are fitted to any car. For example, I expected as my Sport Nav has an Auto position on the headlamp switch that the lights would dip to low beam when a car approaches, HBC but Mazda advise this is only available with the safety pack but this is not mentioned in the sales brochure specifications. There obviously exists a data base which advises what is fitted to any vehicle but I have no idea if this is generally accessible. There are many instances in the Owners Manual which are fitted to some models, but which?
Just taken delivery of CX3 Sport Nav 2000 petrol manual in Eternal Blue Mica. This replaces my 21 year old Xedos Sport 2 litre V6.

tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Auto lights standard on our Spirt Nav has two features - automatically switch lights on/off with daylight and steering headlight beams ( which I love). Autodip is on extra pack in UK!
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

The Build your Mazda CX-3 section on the Mazda UK website, here: https://www.mazda.co.uk/cars/mazda-cx-3/compare-specs/ will show you standard features and option packs for a given model.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

Well that is interesting. My new, 2018, Sport Nav AWD doesn't seem to have the Smart city brake assist or the Hill Hold Assist. Unless, of course, I haven't yet worked out how to switch them on!!!! Not beyond the bounds of possibility, I have to say.
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

Both are not obvious to daily usage. Hill assist keeps the brakes applied momentarily when the foot brake is released during a hill start manoeuvre. But only when facing uphill and 1st gear is selected, or facing down hill and reverse gear is selected. Obvious but not obvious. Smart city brake prevents low speed accidents by priming the abs system initially, then applying the brakes if you take no action. Designed to prevent nudge type accidents at roundabouts and junctions. It senses objects infront of the vehicle via a sensor in the windscreen. This is quite difficult to test without attempting to run into the back of another vehicle. I'm lucky, i have a hanging basket on the front of my garage, that always"surprises" the car and activates the system, but how you might test it otherwise, i don't know.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather Aug 2015
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

As mum@mazda says.
Hill Hold Assist (Hill Launch Assist in the Owners Manual) see page 4-82 for when and how it operates. You can't turn it off.
Advanced Smart City Brake Assist see page 4-162, You'll only notice it if the system detects an object or pedestrian ahead and determines that a collision with it is unavoidable.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

I had to reverse up a steep drive yesterday and couldn't detect any "assist". I shall have to test the brake assist thing on something soft and forgiving!!
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

I had 20 minutes on my mildly sloping drive today and couldn't detect any hill start assist. It just rolled forwards or backwards, and would have carried on rolling. Is this a feature of the Automatic variants perhaps?
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

No, manual here and it works. Try this.
Drive forwards up a slope, come to a stop with the foot brake, clutch down. Leave in/or select 1st gear, still with foot on foot brake. Then leaving clutch down slowly release foot brake, the car will hold stationary for maybe 1/2 second before rolling backwards down the hill, this gives you time to get the clutch bite point, if your hand/foot/eye co ordination is poor.

The same applies to reversing up a hill, but you need to be in reverse to do a reverse up hill start.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather Aug 2015
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Hill start on my auto works ok. Put foot on brake, put into drive, remove hand brake, move foot to accelerator - hill start is engaged until I accelerate.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.