Which options are fitted to my car min

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

My last car was a 65 plate Mazda 3 2.0 petrol manual sel nav, current as below. Both operate the same. Hill start, the assistwill hold the car a couple of seconds untill drive reaches the wheels, no rolling back for 1 to 2 seconds.
Re the brake assist, on the 3, had the car a few days, pulling up the drive, bushes at the top, all of a sudden the car is slamming the brakes on; Ah that must be the brake assist (laser based I believe). With the CX3, on an estate road going round a corner, guessing 25mph, suddenly a cyclist coming towards me cutting the corner slightly on my side of road, maybe 3 or 4 car lengths away from memory, the CX3 is kicking the brakes in automatically(camera based system)
So they do work๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
Was GT Sport 2.0 Petrol Auto Meteor Grey 39mpg round the doors 46mpg on a run
Now 2019 Mazda 3 2.0 petrol auto Meteor Grey

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Re the hillhold thingy, my question is "Why isn't your handbrake on?" :D :shock:
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

SoonerV8 wrote: โ†‘Wed May 23, 2018 4:41 pm I had 20 minutes on my mildly sloping drive today and couldn't detect any hill start assist. It just rolled forwards or backwards, and would have carried on rolling. Is this a feature of the Automatic variants perhaps?

If you'd read the page in the Owners Manual, you'd know it's a feature on both manual & automatic gearbox cars. Also "Hill Launch Assist (HLA) does not operate on a gentle slope. In addition, the gradient of the slope on which the system will operate changes depending on the vehicle's load. Hill Launch Assist (HLA) does not operate if the parking brake is applied, the vehicle has not stopped completely, or the clutch pedal is released..."
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

But I guess HLA will still work in the folllwing sequence...... handbrake on, foot on footbrake, release handbrake with foot still on footbrake, release footbrake, HLA will at this point hold the car for a couple of seconds??
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Yes
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

ptirving wrote: โ†‘Wed May 23, 2018 9:39 pm My last car was a 65 plate Mazda 3 2.0 petrol manual sel nav, current as below. Both operate the same. Hill start, the assistwill hold the car a couple of seconds untill drive reaches the wheels, no rolling back for 1 to 2 seconds.
Re the brake assist, on the 3, had the car a few days, pulling up the drive, bushes at the top, all of a sudden the car is slamming the brakes on; Ah that must be the brake assist (laser based I believe). With the CX3, on an estate road going round a corner, guessing 25mph, suddenly a cyclist coming towards me cutting the corner slightly on my side of road, maybe 3 or 4 car lengths away from memory, the CX3 is kicking the brakes in automatically(camera based system)
So they do work๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
Very similar thing happened to me today when I was negotiating a mini roundabout. Cyclist on nearside coming towards me at a fast rate of knotts caused heads up display to say brake and I think it applied the brakes but I couldn't be sure.

So it does work.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Tried hillstarthold yesterday - foot on clutch, into 1st, foot on brake, release handbrake, release footbrake and yes the car was held for 2 secs! Weird the first time...
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

But very reassuring once youre used to it
Brum1955

Post by Brum1955 »

It would be useful if Mazda provided a print out of the features fitted to each car. They are able to enter the VIN into their system and advise you if a particular feature is fitted to that model so why not make this information available to the owner. Fitted to some models stated in the manual would mean something.
Just taken delivery of CX3 Sport Nav 2000 petrol manual in Eternal Blue Mica. This replaces my 21 year old Xedos Sport 2 litre V6.