CX3 Auto gearbox operation.

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
gilera

Post by gilera »

I have recently carried out a motorway trip and noticed that when going fast downhill the gearbox changes down to hold the speed i guess. I have had many cars with auto but not had this facility, is this a recent addition to this type of gearbox. I have searched web to see if this is described but so far have not found it mentioned anywhere.

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

gilera wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:01 am I have recently carried out a motorway trip and noticed that when going fast downhill the gearbox changes down to hold the speed i guess. I have had many cars with auto but not had this facility, is this a recent addition to this type of gearbox. I have searched web to see if this is described but so far have not found it mentioned anywhere.
I think it is becoming common in automatic gearboxes these days. All due to a combination of electronics and logic stuff. My 2005 Mitsubishi Outlander automatic did the same providing the hill wasn't too steep which I think is how my CX-3 seems to work. The Outlander also learnt how the driver was using the throttle over a period of time - can't remember, it might have been a few hours - and thus would resort to a pattern where it either changed up sooner or would hold onto gears longer. The CX-3 may do the same.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

Probably sees the Low Gear Now traffic sign and changes down😂😂😂. Mine does the same........ engine braking???
Was GT Sport 2.0 Petrol Auto Meteor Grey 39mpg round the doors 46mpg on a run
Now 2019 Mazda 3 2.0 petrol auto Meteor Grey
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

That is becoming the norm. Does the same on my Discovery Sport and it learns your driving pattern