Occasional 'Clank' on pulling away!

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

And that the car needed to be up to temperature. Didn't realise you meant like a sauna, 😎
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

anchorman wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:54 am You threw us when you said it was when pulling away!
Yes, confused myself I suppose but that was the first time I noticed the compressor noise - but DaveG managed to replicate it going forward *and* reverse as did I in the first instance - now I hear it whilst driving and know what it is (a -magnetic perhaps - clutch operation driving the compressor pump from it's pulley)
HouseSpider wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:28 am And that the car needed to be up to temperature. Didn't realise you meant like a sauna, 😎
:lol: ... Just warm enough in the cabin and the temp set low enough for the AC to actually operate the compressor.

Now I know exactly what the noise is I can relax and start enjoying the driving experience again... Zoom Zoom...🚘
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...