Spare Wheel

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

I have been lucky enough to get a genuine Mazda 16 inch spare wheel and tyre along with the jack and retaining bolt for the jack from eBay.
I have also obtained a genuine wheel brace.
My question is whether it is worth purchasing the polystyrene inserts as the wheel will be secured with a bolt and won't move.
The jack is secured so the only parts in the boot will be the wheel brace towing eye and lever jack that came with the car.
I could wrap these up in an old towel as I have done on previous cars and save around £60.
What would you do.

anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Its up to you. I bought a pair for my CX5 and they were quite cheap (about £30 for the pair) so it might look a bit more organised.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

I have found the space around the spare where the inserts fit, very handy when going on holiday for stashing a few items, But whatever car we had it would be fully loaded :lol:
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Just an update.

As i got a genuine spare wheel and jack from ebay from someone selling his 2015 CX3 i ordered the other parts as needed to complete a full spare wheel set.

Total cost for everything was £169 compared to the cheapest my mazda dealer would do which was £345.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I didn't buy a spare wheel, but I did get a front wheel puncture. The kit supplied was quick and easy to use so I have no complaints. I changed both front tyres for Falkens as they generate half the noise of Toyo. If anybody needs an 18" tyre as a spare I will sell the non punctured tyre for 50 pounds. It has only done 6000 miles. Got to collect.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED