Number plate

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Hello grumpy dad, how is the front number plate? Has it stayed secure with adhesive strips only, I ask because of the curve of the holder.
I haven't fitted my new plates yet, still contemplating whether to use strips or screw's on the front.
Cheers :D
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

I always use screws on the front one as with the British weather and the amount of force on the front of the car pushing through the air and the curve on this models number plate holder i think it is only a matter of time before it falls off.

The rear is always pads only.
Brum1955

Post by Brum1955 »

My Xedos 6 Sport had number plates fitted with adhesive pads by the dealer when I purchased it in 1996. The curve on the front was much the same as on the CX3. The plates were still firmly attached when I exchanged it in March after 21 years.
Just taken delivery of CX3 Sport Nav 2000 petrol manual in Eternal Blue Mica. This replaces my 21 year old Xedos Sport 2 litre V6.
Grumpydad

Post by Grumpydad »

DaveG wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:52 pm Hello grumpy dad, how is the front number plate? Has it stayed secure with adhesive strips only, I ask because of the curve of the holder.
I haven't fitted my new plates yet, still contemplating whether to use strips or screw's on the front.
Cheers :D
Just had a look and it's still firmly held on with the sticky pads.
2018 CX-3 GT Sport Automatic Ceramic Metallic. Options fitted, arm rest, led interior lamps, sill plates, boot mat and front bumper trim cover.