What's your tyre pressures.

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

[/quote]
Mazdaman72 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:55 am I am interested in this topic and wondering if better gas shock absorbers would make any difference or is it just the tyres because it seems to make no difference if its 16inch or 18 inch wheels.
Tyre pressures are relative to the weight, so the tyre diameter or shock absorbers will have no bearing on the pressure.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED

SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

DaveG wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:03 pm I know I an over complicating this tyre pressure thing, but the door sticker gives the pressure for up to 3 people, or five people with luggage (full load) the people weighing 75 kg. I wish there was advice for intermediate pressures such as up to 4 people and luggage.
The rear pressure for 3 people is 30psi......and 5 with luggage 48psi, a huge difference, so what would it require for say the four people on a long motorway drive.
Hello DaveG If you take a peep at page 9-9 of the owners manual you will see 230 KPa ( 2.3 bar,33psi )

KPa refers to KiloPascal. Our French friend across the channel Mon Blaise Pascal a mathematian gave his name to the kilopascal an international unit of pressure .
230 kPa = 33.358679678 psi that goes to show that our friends at Mazda are very much up on their game.

DaveG, I can under stand you frustration as it does me when you add one more body at 75 kg or 165lbs in the back seat::::::::::: now we have to define "Full load".

I aint going to tour France with that load on.

Ok ! 33psi front tires and 30 psi rear for a party of 3 humans add one more165lb body and and a dog ,they are looking for 38 psi front and 48 psi rear as shown in the book, for my money I would have though an adition of 2 psi would do the trick, so I would inflate the rear (full load ) to 32 psi. max.

If I go to 48 psi at our road tempretures my back tyres will hit 50 psi their absolute max .

All you can do it try it out, however , I am willing to go to, rear 38 psi rear which equates to 40 psi after say for 10 miles and change.

See ::::: 4 wd they take the rear tyres to 51 psi, if that lot goes bang you will hear that clear across the channel.

SOMERS CX3 Soul red >>> it got wet its raining for a change AUTO 215 /50 / 18 TOYO
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

tyrfelin wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:46 pm Had a tyre pressure warning last week and amazingly had a nail in a rear tyre. Sorted with a plug repair in my local garage. Loved that
the tpms worked!!! ☺
tyrfelin:
Just a thought !
However, a tyre having been plugged may have a limited high way "speed rating" for the rest of its service life.

Then there is the question of tyre rotation most of the time or some times, the punctures are on the rear wheels because the front tyres pick up the nail and throw it back.

I would plug a tire as a get home stop gap , I carry a extensive plug set in my CX3 and a old fashioned (as New ) foot pump just incase as needed . I do have a spare wheel that is where the foot pump becomes usefull.

The other alternative is to remove the tyre and bond a patch to the inside of the tyre, which I would recomend, I guess all this depends on the type of plug being used as the have been advances in plug materials these days.

Here is a trick which i have yet to try if in the event there is no spare wheel .

All you need is some sealant and a 1/4 " self tapping screw and a screw driver that is for get home or limp home only.
I say this because i have had plug failures.

I wonder how many check the pressure in their spare wheels ?

Somers : CX3 Soul Red Auto.
Elmo2016

Post by Elmo2016 »

Just bought some 18” gt-m tyres with the toyo proxes 215/50/18 tyres. What is the tire pressure for these wheels Mazda wants you to use.

Can not find it in my door, because that sticker is frontje 16”...

Will try the pressure you have indicated previously, but want to know what Mazda prescribes...
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

WP_20190628_19_22_02_Pro.jpg

Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
TEB

Post by TEB »

Tyre pressure on the door pillar for the petrol AWD is given as 2.3bar front and rear for three people. However the dealer had set them to 2.5bar all round when I bought the car and I'd left it like this since, with tyre wear appearing to be even across all the tyres, apart for some additional shoulder wear on the fronts.

I've now just swapped the factory Toyo to Kumho All Season, and decided to see what the handbook had to say regard winter tyres, as the Kumho have the mountain/snowflake symbol. With previous brands of car I'd found universally they recommend adding 0.2bar to the given summer tyre pressures. Mazda though seem to only advise adding 0.2bar to the rear, so for three people 2.3bar front, 2.5bar rear.

Thought I'd try this, and having spent a couple of days driving round with these settings, I'm feeling the 2.3bar is too low, as the tyres feel quite soft, mind they have smoothed out the worst of the rural road imperfections. Will try going back to 2.5 bar all round and see how that feels.
2018/68 CX-3 150ps AWD Sport Nav +, Machine Grey, Manual
TEB

Post by TEB »

To update, after another couple of days running around at 2.5bar all round, the car feels more under control at the front than it did when set at the handbooks stated 2.3bar front, 2.5bar rear for winters.
2018/68 CX-3 150ps AWD Sport Nav +, Machine Grey, Manual