What's your tyre pressures.

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

I am a little anal re tyre pressures and on checking mine when i got the car the front should be 33psi and the rear 30 as there is normally only me and the wife in the car.

However for some reason i have found that having 35 psi in the front and 32 psi in the rear seems to make the car a little quieter and handle a little better.

No scientific reason for these and it could all be in my mind but has anyone else found varying the tyre pressure makes a difference.

Mark

DaveG

Post by DaveG »

No logical reason for it but always run mine at 35 front 33 rear.

I am more anal than you I have tyre pal caps fitted which via a little solar powered monitor on the dash gives you a constant reading of the pressures.

I know the car has a system of it's own but for me I like to know what the actual pressures and temperatures are, had one for years totally reliable.

Reckon you might like one, £99
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

DaveG wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:54 am No logical reason for it but always run mine at 35 front 33 rear.

I am more anal than you I have tyre pal caps fitted which via a little solar powered monitor on the dash gives you a constant reading of the pressures.

I know the car has a system of it's own but for me I like to know what the actual pressures and temperatures are, had one for years totally reliable.

Reckon you might like one, £99
Could be interested do you have a link.

Thanks
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
OldGit

Post by OldGit »

Mazda CX3 Sport Nav with Safety Pack Machine Grey Metallic Petrol Auto FWD Delivered 16/10/2018
AKA Keith - North Bristol
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

I run both our cars 2psi higher than indicated on the door frame as a compromise between driver only and fully occupied; by the time youve added up the weight of all the odds n sods we carry plus 1 or 2 passengers.......
It does seem to help the noise too
Was GT Sport 2.0 Petrol Auto Meteor Grey 39mpg round the doors 46mpg on a run
Now 2019 Mazda 3 2.0 petrol auto Meteor Grey
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Had a tyre pressure warning last week and amazingly had a nail in a rear tyre. Sorted with a plug repair in my local garage. Loved that
the tpms worked!!! ☺
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

prirving
I have found the CX3 a cross between a S.U.V and an exotic sports car with minimal supension, the Vehicle is in my opinion a Sport.u.v.
I also run my CX3 tire presures as you do at a maximum of 1 lbs P.S.I. on all tires over the door sticker for several reasons, by the way I am running 18 " origional Toyo tires which are noisey depending on the type of ashphalt agrigate, the tires must come with a harder compound for greater longevaty.
I have yet to check the tire tread ware specifications.
A trick here is spray the tires with tire protrectant or mark with chalk and go for a drive to see where the side wall wear point is if any.

For City and Surbaban driving.

1 ) Most Tires loose/ drop presure about 1 pound per week.
2 ) I prefer a firmer ride .
3 ) Less stress on the steering at low speeds.
4 ) Reduced side wall to tread tire ware.
5) The corners edges always go first with under inflation.
6 ) Better side wall support.
7) Better / improved cornering.
8) Reduced side roll.
9) Improved gas milage.
10) less roling resistance.
Last edited by SOMERS on Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

12) Over inflation is not advisable as that will cause side wall cracking as the sidewalls are not that flexable.
Last edited by SOMERS on Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

The have been complaints about Toyo Proxes R40 tires which come as standard on most if not all CX3 Vehicles regarding tire noise / rumble which I have determined echoes through the engine compartment this I atribute to ashphalt with large aggregate . On a high quality road the noise is less noticable.
If one is considering a change Pirelli offers the Cinturato P7 which is a standard road tire I ran those on our V W Scirocco.
The P6 which I am aware of has a softer tread for better road grip, however the down is the tread wear is high
Here are the specification of the P7 I will assume you can get up to 240 KM/h

Wet performance 8.
Dry " 9.2
Comfort " 9.
Snow 7.7
Tread wear 8.3
There has been chatter about Michelin a tire monufacturer which have always been at or near the top.
Avalability comes into question being dependant on where you live special order could be the only option.

In my oppinion 50 profile tire is no considdered to be a comfortable tire.
My tire oppinion ::::::::::: Never skimp on tires always purchase the best.

Somers Mazda CX3 Soul red Auto GT Toyo tires
Last edited by SOMERS on Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.