Annoying Rattle

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Lordy1

Post by Lordy1 »

In general very happy with my new purchase, apart from an annoying rattle coming from the rear seatbelt mechanism which sounds every time you go over a rut in the road. with the condition of our roads that is fairly frequent.

The rattle seems to be coming from the mechanism itself and not the mounting (something i can't rectify), well the car is booked into the dealers for next Tuesday to get it sorted. I am retiscent about them dealing with it as i can just picture some spotty apprentice pulling my panels off and not replacing them properly-and I speak from experience as i am sure others do here to. Main dealers have offered some of the worst service I have ever had when it comes to repairing or servicing my cars. But lets see how Mazda fare ?
CX 3 Sports Nav Diesel Auto AWD Ceramic

Bill

Post by Bill »

Lordy1 wrote:In general very happy with my new purchase, apart from an annoying rattle coming from the rear seatbelt mechanism which sounds every time you go over a rut in the road. with the condition of our roads that is fairly frequent.

The rattle seems to be coming from the mechanism itself and not the mounting (something i can't rectify), well the car is booked into the dealers for next Tuesday to get it sorted. I am retiscent about them dealing with it as i can just picture some spotty apprentice pulling my panels off and not replacing them properly-and I speak from experience as i am sure others do here to. Main dealers have offered some of the worst service I have ever had when it comes to repairing or servicing my cars. But lets see how Mazda fare ?
Hi Lordy

I had the same rattle and it turned out to be the rear seat was not fully locked in place. if the red part on the seat lock is showing just unlock the seat and push it back hard making sure the red part on the lock is not showing. Hope this works for you.
Bill
Sport Nav Diesel AWD Automatic
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Lordy1 wrote:In general very happy with my new purchase, apart from an annoying rattle coming from the rear seatbelt mechanism which sounds every time you go over a rut in the road. with the condition of our roads that is fairly frequent.

Aye, tell me about it. I’ve got the same rattle - a kind of metallic “chink” when you hit a bump. I will try Bill’s fix first but I thought it was coming from underneath!
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Well I've just checked and both my red bits were showing like little inverted baboons but the car is locked away until 3am so will test tomorrow.

Bill will be awarded special CX3 genius recognition if it works.
Lordy1

Post by Lordy1 »

Gents,

Thanks for the input, but unfortunately for me it is a trip to the garage. it will probably come back with extra rattles no doubt.
CX 3 Sports Nav Diesel Auto AWD Ceramic
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Well Bill gets the genius award. It's fixed mine completely.

There is a bit of a glovebox area rattle to be sorted at some stage.
Bill

Post by Bill »

anchorman wrote:Well Bill gets the genius award. It's fixed mine completely.

There is a bit of a glovebox area rattle to be sorted at some stage.
Thanks anchorman, glad that worked for you. :D
Bill
Sport Nav Diesel AWD Automatic