Firmware Update

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
goldhillman

Post by goldhillman »

Just checked my firmware version which is in the 560 range which seems way out of date. It had its first service in February but nobody mentioned updating the firmware. Does this mean I have to book it in to get an update or wait until next service (probably next February).?
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Stone Leather, March 2017.

Gus

Post by Gus »

Give the dealer a shout, mine has never asked for any money, just asked for 45 to 60 minutes to do it.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
goldhillman

Post by goldhillman »

Thanks Gus. Will do.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Stone Leather, March 2017.
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

Ive just had 59 00 545A installed on mine. No cost
Was GT Sport 2.0 Petrol Auto Meteor Grey 39mpg round the doors 46mpg on a run
Now 2019 Mazda 3 2.0 petrol auto Meteor Grey
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

goldhillman wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:04 pm ...It had its first service in February but nobody mentioned updating the firmware. Does this mean I have to book it in to get an update or wait until next service...
Updating is not part of the scheduled maintenance operations, but if you have an issue with the infotainment during the warranty period of the car, an authorised repairer can do it free of charge if you book the car in. It doesn't have to be at service time, they download the latest OS files onto a USB stick, do the update and then claim half an hour of time from Mazda.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

jtonline wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:19 am
goldhillman wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:04 pm ...It had its first service in February but nobody mentioned updating the firmware. Does this mean I have to book it in to get an update or wait until next service...
Updating is not part of the scheduled maintenance operations, but if you have an issue with the infotainment during the warranty period of the car, an authorised repairer can do it free of charge if you book the car in. It doesn't have to be at service time, they download the latest OS files onto a USB stick, do the update and then claim half an hour of time from Mazda.
I'll be checking that out over the next month or two. I've got a list of possible faults :)
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016