DAB Text

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
ivan

Post by ivan »

I get no text telling me what is playing . It is switched on in settings mode and I've downloaded latest software. Does this donload only update navigation?
Sept 2017 CX3 Hatchback, ceramic. 2 litre petrol, Sport Nav manual. Get 36mpg.

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

The download via Mazda Toolbox software onto your SD Card only updates the maps.

To update the infotainment (MZD-Connect) system operating system, you need to book it into your Mazda authorized repairer for them to do. For EU countries, the current version is 59.00.545A.
See viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1561
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
santa

Post by santa »

ivan wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:55 pm I get no text telling me what is playing . It is switched on in settings mode and I've downloaded latest software. Does this donload only update navigation?
Are You sure the station you're listening to are actually sending out texts on DAB?
I have a many DAB (and FM) stations here in Denmark, where it only gives me the station name but not what's playing (mainly on local station), whereas the Danish equivalent of BBC is showing which songs are played.
It all depends on the station and how they use it.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
ivan

Post by ivan »

When my daughter receives the same station in he CX5 she gets all the info displayed. Thanks to both for reply it's cleared up my doubts to some extent.
I can see the latest version number for satnav but how do you see it for audio?
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

ivan wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:59 pm When my daughter receives the same station in he CX5 she gets all the info displayed. Thanks to both for reply it's cleared up my doubts to some extent.
I can see the latest version number for satnav but how do you see it for audio?
This is how you find out the firmware version :-

Go to the "Settings" part of the Connect screen. Then scroll across the various tabs till you get to the final one called "System". Then scroll down the various options till you get to the "About" one. Clicking on this you should see one called "Version Information" and here it will give you the version installed on your car.

I suspect you've got an old firmware version - guessing as I don't know the age of your car - and suggest you try get your dealer to update yours to the latest European version 59.00.545A. As well as resolving the DAB text, it will probably enhance the DAB reception problems experienced on the much earlier versions and also - according to jtonline - add on TMC (traffic management control or something like that). This works via the radio's RDS signal and gives you free traffic delay information albeit not as up to date as the online system Mazda offer as a chargeable option.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Select the Cog (Settings) icon on the MZD Connect screen.
Move across to the System tab.
Select About.
Look for the OS Version number on the Version Information section.

OS versions 59.00.326, 59.00.331, 59.00.443 & 59.00.449 are known to have the missing radio text issue (although there may be others that I'm not aware of).
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
ivan

Post by ivan »

My car was brand new in Sept 2017. I've followed your advice and found the following. OS 59.00.449 and audio 00.07.000..
I'm surprised Mazda sent ot cars with known shortcomings that appear to have a simple cost free fix.
it's more irritating than serious but I'll speak nicely to the agent when I get first service done. Thanks
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

Mine came out in Aug 2018 with 5900502
Was GT Sport 2.0 Petrol Auto Meteor Grey 39mpg round the doors 46mpg on a run
Now 2019 Mazda 3 2.0 petrol auto Meteor Grey
ivan

Post by ivan »

That's good for that car engine size. I've never got anywhere near makers claim in any car that I've owned. I don't accelerate hard, use the gears as appropiate and all in all drive carefully. Wonder where I'm slipping up.
Beachman

Post by Beachman »

just checked mine
turned out to be56.00.230 eun
I think I need a update, best way please
Se-l nav auto dynamic blue petrol