Jerky ride

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

AndyRen
I took my CX out for a 30 minute drive early this monring.
When I returned I realease the gas cap I noticed that the escaping gas past the cap was a little more than that of yesterday evening test in the drive way.
B.T.W. the gas tank is 1/3 full.

On another thought dont over rotate the gas cap for fear of damaging its internals 5 % turn should be sufficient to recreat the seal.
Talking about Petrol / gas I usuly fill $50. gas at .25 % to .75% ~ I don't burn gas to transport petrol. It is all about weight saving.

Got to mention this ,never mis out or delay regular engine oil changes . Check you dip stick often.

CX3 Gas: Auto ; Red.

SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

I discovered the other day, how to display the I-eloop, recovery mechanism on the centre screen. The hunting/lurching/jerky effect seems to coincide with the generator for the capacitor charging system cutting in and out. Could it be the on-off generator load on the drive system causing this jerkiness? Seems logical to me.
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

SoonerV8 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:41 pm I discovered the other day, how to display the I-eloop, recovery mechanism on the centre screen. The hunting/lurching/jerky effect seems to coincide with the generator for the capacitor charging system cutting in and out. Could it be the on-off generator load on the drive system causing this jerkiness? Seems logical to me.
That's a possibility I suppose?

All very subjective and I'm still not sure if we're talking about the exact same thing?!?! :?
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Isn't the i-eloop is only available on the 150bhp AWD? So it wouldn't be the reason for the symptoms in AndyRen's CX-3?
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

Sorry, don't know what's it's available on. I didn't know mine had it until I had the recall letter!!
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

SoonerV8 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:08 pm Sorry, don't know what's it's available on.
'On some models' of course :lol: :lol: :lol:
bogdanandronesterca

Post by bogdanandronesterca »

I seems that the jerky ride has been cured for me after I did the Jnjector recalibration (not sure if this is the exact name) service test. This process takes around 5 min and is available in the pc app called Forscan (https://forscan.org/download.html) that can be used 30 days or so for free. You need also an odb2 reader (mine was around 30 euro) to connect the car to the PC. The app also has the static DPF regen process available for the Diesel engines and lots more.
Mrbluesky

Post by Mrbluesky »

AndyRen

On a very small number of occasions, perhaps eight in total, I have had a juddering issue, I thought it might be a clutch judder or possibly something to do with the engine still doing its warm up process.
It is always first drive of the day, and the first proper pull away, in first, from standstill onto the road, doesn't happen during the low speed manouvering from where the car is parked.
I have not mentioned it to Mazda as it happens so infrequently and cannot demonstrate it.

Richard
CX-3 2016 Dynamic Blue Sport Nav 2.0 petrol manual with half Stone Leather.
AndyRen

Post by AndyRen »

Mine was not a clutch judder issue, more perhaps of a fuelling issue at gear change combined with how light the car is therefore how responsive to throttle position (and perhaps a lightweight flywheel??). I'm convinced it's to do with coming from turbo diesel to petrol and what rev's I change gear at, having continually driven the CX-3 for a week in the Welsh Hills and surrounding areas I've overcome the issue - but when I jump back into my old workhorse Kangoo (turbo 1.4d) and back to the CX-3 I have to re-learn my clutch control!
Thanks for the replies folks.