Jerky ride

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

This is directed to the manual gearbox owners on here.........

Having had the car for a few months now we've found that when either gently pulling away or driving in slow traffic, the car has a jerkiness about it - almost as if the drive-train is catching up with itself! not a kangaroo bounce, just a gentle backward and forward jerkiness, the last time we came across this phenomenon was in 'the old days' driving Ford Prefects/Anglias etc! I've put it down to us having got used to turbo diesels for several years that are not as free revving as a petrol - especially this Skyactive - engine and also the very low tickover of 500 rpm as opposed to 800 rpm of our Golf Gtd throwing our clutch control out of whack. Has anyone else found this or are we just going to have to learn to drive proper like again? :lol:
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...

tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

No nothing at all
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

tyrfelin wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:52 am No nothing at all
Thanks for the reply Tyrfelin. Just us then!............
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

No problems with mine and last time i had a Jerky Ride...well probably not suitable for this forum. :lol:
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Ha ha!
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
Ghdarwen

Post by Ghdarwen »

I have noticed a hunting sensation when traveling slowly, perhaps with too high a gear selected and slightly touching the throttle. I put it down to having driven diesel for last few years which seemed more forgiving. Have chosen to use the gears a lot more than I have been doing.
2018 67 plate CX3 2.0 Sports Nav with Safety Pack in Soul Red
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I don't have any issues with a jerky ride as long as I keep the revs up a bit higher than the old Alpha Diesel I had. Used to have a 5 cylinder 2.4 l and I could just take my foot off the clutch and it would move forward smoothly without touching the accelerator. Maybe it's just about getting used to it.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
AndyRen

Post by AndyRen »

Thanks Ghdarwen, I think we're on the same page 👍
AndyRen

Post by AndyRen »

Yes Dr Strange - I think getting the revs right in the correct gear is exactly what the problem is. I've seen reports in other forums of exactly the same phenomenon, some say cleaning of the throttle body sometimes cures it (unlikely the problem in a car with only 10k miles on the clock) - or even switching off the AC.. What! In this weather?! Or just learning the vehicle you're driving...
AndyRen

Post by AndyRen »

MJC1216 wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:33 am ...well probably not suitable for this forum. :lol:
I won't ask :roll: :lol: