Jerky ride

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

I too get a hunting, lurching. Usually in a low gear, trailing throttle situation. Feels like the fuel injection is some how out of sync with the air flow. Carburrettor engines suffer hunting, i.e., speed variation at idle, when the mixture is too rich. It could be an ECU or sensor issue.
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

It's going in for a infotainment update 2nd Oct under warranty and I've mentioned the jerkiness - hard to describe unless you've felt it yourself, although having driven it a few more miles and been wary the jerk has been overcome somewhat.

Those pesky turbo diesels have a lot to answer for!
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

After reading about the I-eloop DC DC converter recall, I wonder how much of the jerky, lurching feeling on over-run is actually down to the energy recovery system? Deceleration is the time when the capacitor is being charged up, I presume.
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Our 'jerks' were more to do with gentle acceleration where the car is travelling - and being held - at a low constant speed rather than the over-run.
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

My thoughts on a jerky ride , that is let me go back to the good old days of check every thing leave no stone unturned.

I would determine is/ if the jerk is quick or slow what is the frequency of the problem does it occur over bumpy roads and when does the problem occur, and may in reverse gear also .

Got to say here I dont care for the i stop feature.

To me quick jerk could be electrical / computer or slow could be fuel supply, my other thought is water in the fuel or dirt in the fuel line caused from gas station dirty tanks or deteriation of gas pump delivery hose, i have experiances that should you siphon your fuel tank.

Have other exoperianced the same problem ?

i am not sure if these mazda's have a fuel filter and where it is located some car place the device in the fuel tank .

let me get the word condensarion in here some where, check faulty or loose conections in that area just wiggle all the wires with the engine is running some wires break inside their own insolation caused from vibration the outward appearance of the wire looks perfect .
Faulty groundSSSSSS can cause all kinds of problems.
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

Check all the fuses with a volt meter. check fuel pump pressure.

somers CX3 red
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

MORE on jerky ride
Is the gas cap securely attached, sound silly and dumb ! but worth checking !
Somers cx3
AndyRen

Post by AndyRen »

SOMERS wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:36 am MORE on jerky ride
Is the gas cap securely attached, sound silly and dumb ! but worth checking !
Somers cx3
It's funny that when I remove the gas cap there's an audible sucking in of air! Never known that before as I thought a vacuum would drastically affect the fuel delivery???
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

AndyRen
There is a notation in the owner manual refering to the Gas cap I will look that up later for you, may be it will say not correctly attached , we shall see.

I just this minute came back from checking my gas cap. *****Cas = i have been living with USA .TV*****

When I just this minute unscrewed the cap Idid sences some air was coming out at a relatively low pressure and i also detected a smell of gas I have not driven our car since Wednesday may be the pressure would be higher after driving.
This sounds bad ,could some one put a substance in the pump filler .
Andy the hard part as you know vehicles are becoming more an more complicated more mreand more problems
May be the dealers computer would find something.

CX3 2 ltr gasoline automatic 2018
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

AndyRen
I have decided your problem is notwith your filler cap, the manual recomends that you let the air escape before removing the filler cap completely an not to use an alternate filler cap for safety reasons. and do not over fill the gas tank

My jeep was gas cap sensative.

Another thought could it be the gas pedal it self ? *************Is the gas pedal faulty ?***********

Question
Is the gas pedal hard cable wired or is it wireless electronic or electrically wired .

Another silly comment do you have rubber mats resting on the gas pedal I moved my rubber mat back because they all can move around as per the manual instructions/ surgestions.

CX3 :::::::::: 2 ltr Petrol 2018