Voice control

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

AndyRen wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:18 am
Has no one else suffered this at all - can be quite random of course and if you don't use the voice control you would never know.

I wonder if the 'Loading Voice Activation' text at top of the screen at start-up is relevant? ie if it doesn't show then it won't work - Does show then it definitely *will* work?
I use the voice control occasionally; never had a problem with it and never noticed that message coming up. Just went and checked - nope don't get any messages.
CX-3 SportNav 2WD, Petrol Auto, Ceramic, Stone Leather :)

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

[/quote]

I use the voice control occasionally; never had a problem with it and never noticed that message coming up. Just went and checked - nope don't get any messages.
[/quote]

Thanks for checking Alan, what firmware is your CX-3 running :?: (found in the settings area if you don't know).
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

AndyRen wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:33 pm Ahh OK, I see Apple carplay is £350 add on with the option of adding AA (for a price??) but AA is only controlled via the commander knob, no touch screen touchieness :cry:
Well it's illegal to use touch screens and electronica when driving. Centre commander is not a problem for me. I use voice. 'play music'; 'navigate to...'; 'stop navigation'; ’next track' etc.

The £350 is outrageous. Parts £190 for DIY install. But Mazda aren't going to sell any subscriptions are they now? You only install one piece of of kit; it works with either phone operating system.
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.
alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

AndyRen wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:37 pm
[/quote]

Thanks for checking Alan, what firmware is your CX-3 running :?: (found in the settings area if you don't know).
[/quote]

The old one, 56.00.513
CX-3 SportNav 2WD, Petrol Auto, Ceramic, Stone Leather :)