Export UK CX3 to Australia

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Deleted User 437

Post by Deleted User 437 »

Hi everyone, hoping someone can offer a few pointers please. Recently bought our 2nd CX3 and absolutely love it (better ride and quieter). Anyway, we will be relocating to Australia and one of the 'things to do' is to decide wether to:

Sell a car less than 6 months old and buy something new (which will cost more in Australia for a similar make/model), and losing money in the process
Or export the car and pay xxx for shipping and import duty.

I will point out that at the time of buying the car Australia was not in the equation.

Apart from the cost of shipping etc, I'm wondering if the warranty will be valid in Australia and if there are any climate considerations? Thinking here about running a car built for UK weather in a hotter climate. Will be living in NSW so don't think dust will be an issue, just different temperature range. The car also has been adapted with a left foot accelerator to allow my wife to drive the car, so will this be an additional problem with exporting a modified car?

As you can see there are a few questions to consider and I'm just wonder if anyone else has had experience of importing a car to a different country?

Regards

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

My brother moved to Australia around 15 years ago and had a collection of cars that he wanted to take with him.

However after shipping costs and import taxes it was not a viable option.

I don't think it has changed much in that time so sell here and buy in Oz.

Although dearer in Oz the CX3 is now widely available.

Mark