Bleep when opening door

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Has anyone else had this occurring....occasionally when opening the drivers door I get a bleep, engine is off, today it did it when I closed the door.
It is not continual just for a few seconds, its like a warning bleep. It seems to be completely random unless I am missing something.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019

Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

When you say engine is off, is it completely off or has the engine switched off because "i-stop" is in operation ?

I have had this when pulling up on my drive, i-stop has activated and on opening the door there is a warning beep.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Thanks for reply Handy Andy, the engine is off not in stop start mode, Odd thing though as I said it did it today on closing the door today after it had been open for quite a while during cleaning.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

I too get (what appear to be) random beeps on opening doors from the outside - not the same as yours though, they're multiple - 5 per second-ish. I've put it down to :-
I try to unlock drivers door by pressing rubber door button but wife has already pressed passenger side button - we both have car keys on us.
I unlock drivers door as above and a passenger has quickly opened a rear door before I've opened drivers door.
I have no idea if the above scenarios are mentioned in the owners manual and I just pretty much ignore them as there has been no bad outcome at any occurrence. I just think " Ah well.... Something else I'll never get to the bottom of - life's too short to worry" ;)
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Hi Andy yes agree, something I will never get to the bottom of, at least its not the alarm going off at 3am, maybe it is of benefit giving my brain something to think about in retirement lol.
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

You haven't by any chance left your spare set of keys in the car. Mazda have crafty ways of warning you?
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

DaveG wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:46 pm maybe it is of benefit giving my brain something to think about in retirement lol.
You're not wrong there ☺
AndyRen

Post by AndyRen »

Dogfuzz wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:06 am You haven't by any chance left your spare set of keys in the car. Mazda have crafty ways of warning you?
I did once - keys in coat pocket - chucked coat in boot - closed boot and wondered what the **** I'd done!... Soon realised before I walked away!