USB tracks not showing artist or album

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
santa

Post by santa »

Up until yesterday, the infotainment would show title, artist, album and a small image of the album (if available), but now it only shows the song title.
If I restart the car, it will show the title, artist, album and image for the first one or two songs, then only the title.
I've even seen the artistm album and image disappear mid-song.
I've just updated the gracenote database (just in case) but that didn't solve the issue.
Hav anyone experienced this before?
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

No, not had that issue Santa. Have you tried the other USB port?
It may be worth copying some tracks to another memory stick and testing with that.
Has your dealer updated the MZD Connect software recently?
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
santa

Post by santa »

Haven't tried the other USB port or another stick yet, will do that tomorrow.
The software was updated a while ago to the 59.502 version and it worked nicely until yesterday.
There's no issue with playing the tracks or browsing through the stick, it's only the missing info.
I'll mention it to the dealer next time I come by, as it's still within warranty.
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Are you using a pc to setup your stick? Windows seems to set up folders (albums) properly and these are easy to navigate and include artwork, etc. My friend's Toyota is totally jumbled up when using a pc. I had to rename every track - 001 002 etc. to get his to play in order!
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

I've given up trying to get artwork and track names to appear with certain albums - they're not obscure at all but the tracks show as '.jpg' and the album as 'unknown' We just tend to use the 'folder' route rather than artist etc, it seems to work OK.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
santa

Post by santa »

tyrfelin wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:15 am Are you using a pc to setup your stick? Windows seems to set up folders (albums) properly and these are easy to navigate and include artwork, etc. My friend's Toyota is totally jumbled up when using a pc. I had to rename every track - 001 002 etc. to get his to play in order!
Yeah, but since the stick has worked for years now, that shouldn't be a problem (but I'll try another stick just to be sure).
It just suddenly stopped showing artists, albums and artwork.
shift74

Post by shift74 »

It is a cache issue. Move all tracks to a whole new root folder and try again.
santa

Post by santa »

I formated the USB-stick and tried again.
Now it worked with 2-3 songs in each folder, then it switched to a random artist name, unkown album and no artwork.
I'm gonna try a different USB-stick, just to be sure.
santa

Post by santa »

It looks like it's the USB-stick I've been using.
I tried with another USB of the same size (16GB) and it looks like it's working as it should.
Wierd thing is, that the "old" USB-stick is working perfectly in every other aspect, but for now I'm using the new stick.
Mazdaman72

Post by Mazdaman72 »

I have ripped my music to mp3, how do i now load it on usb stick so it plays consecutively it driving me mad. Thanks in advance.