Toolbox software update - potential problem

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

I thought I'd check my SD card today, in case there was a new map update, and now wished I hadn't.

Toolbox said it had an update and did I want to install it - stupidly I clicked on yes :( It installed the later version but then brought up a Check for Upates box which had a green line scrolling back and forth for about 10 seconds before reporting an error with an ! within a yellow coloured triangle and the text SELF_UPDATE_CONNECTION_ERROR. Clinking on the Ok button the error box disappears but then clicking on the Toolbox icon again it runs through exactly the same Check for Updates process and comes up with the same error. I tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the Toolbox software but it made no difference.

Will be reporting the problem to Mazda Customer Support UK for an answer. Mazda might make great cars, but the navigation related software they use is *!%*!*

Note: My PC is running Windows 10 64bit latest edition.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

It's probably a temporary issue at naviextras.com. Leave it a few hours and try again.
Whilst you're waiting, make sure there are no Windows 10 updates pending installation (Start > Settings > Update & Security) and do a restart.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

jtonline wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:11 pm It's probably a temporary issue at naviextras.com. Leave it a few hours and try again.
Whilst you're waiting, make sure there are no Windows 10 updates pending installation (Start > Settings > Update & Security) and do a restart.
I'll retry tomorrow to see if it was just a temporary problem with their servers. Windows 10 was up to date when checked yesterday. Will recheck just in case.

Edit 31-8: Retried the Toolbox software today - it didn't throw up the Check for Updates loop / failure and worked fine. Guess it was a problem yesterday with the servers hosting the Toolbox software.

As an aside, the May 2018 map software is still the latest EU version. Will probably recheck later next month / early October as I expect there should be a newer version available about that time.
Last edited by st3v3cx-3 on Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Good luck!!
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
frog8fly

Post by frog8fly »

Good evening everyone,
Yesterday I wanted to check if there were any updates to the Nav maps. When I opened my Toolbox it wanted to install a new version. BTW running Windows 10. I declined and it would not load. So I allowed it to. I was at version 4.3.0.0 and was forced to upgrade to version 4.4.2002103123. I opened the Toolbox and it connected to the server and I inserted my Mazda SD card and nothing happened. I mean it did not recognize my card nor ask me to log on. The only thing I noticed was that the app window would flicker every 10 seconds or so. I thought that maybe the auto update was defective so I uninstalled and installed a new download and the same results. I also have an XP PC and tried a different version of the toolbox 3.18.1.369834 config 34.431d and it would load but then state that the service was unavailable. Contacted Nav support and the only advice I got was to disable my Virus software. No help. They suggested that I go to the dealer and have them update my card. Sooo impressed. Piece of CR*P software.
2016 CX-3 GX Sport Auto AWD Meteor Grey
Canada
hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

I use a PC with Windows 10 Pro 64bit (version 1803) and a USB card reader.
Have updated the Mazda Toolbox to version 4.4.2002103123 and it's detecting my SD card without any problem.

Edit: there is a newer version available: v4.4.2002106557
Haven't tried it yet..
  • Mazda CX-5 2023 Exclusive-Line (Black Comfort Pack) Petrol FWD Manual Soul Red Crystal Metallic
frog8fly

Post by frog8fly »

Version 4.4.2002103123 corrects the SD issue.
Canada
hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

I think you mean version 4.4.2002106557
  • Mazda CX-5 2023 Exclusive-Line (Black Comfort Pack) Petrol FWD Manual Soul Red Crystal Metallic
frog8fly

Post by frog8fly »

Hi, Yes like I responded on the other site I made a mistake on my cut and paste. Everything is good now.
Canada