Bouncy ride

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

hsdejong wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:40 pm Actually there is no measuring of the tyre pressure at all.
The Tyre Pressure Monitoring System measures the average difference in the rotational speed of all four wheels with the ABS wheel speed sensors.
If there is a difference between the wheels it's because the diameter of one or more of the tyres is different from the others, which is caused by a different pressure (deflation).
I did wonder how it was monitored..... Now I know, thanks 8-)
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...

Kimm

Post by Kimm »

AndyRen wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:44 pm Let us know the results - if it's not just down to the hard ride of the car.👍
So it turned out to be low pressure in the tyres. Not going to lie but I was assuming the Tyre Pressure Monitor would tell me they had dropped pressure but apparently that only works with a rapid drop so back to checking pressures as usual, thought I’d got away with that job.
CX-3 Sports Nav AWD
hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

"but apparently that only works with a rapid drop"

It has nothing do do with a rapid or slow drop in tyre pressure.
As long as all the four tyres have the same pressure the TPMS gives no warning.
The TPMS warns you only when there is a difference in tyre pressure between the tyres.
  • Mazda CX-5 2023 Exclusive-Line (Black Comfort Pack) Petrol FWD Manual Soul Red Crystal Metallic
Kimm

Post by Kimm »

hsdejong wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:39 am "but apparently that only works with a rapid drop"

It has nothing do do with a rapid or slow drop in tyre pressure.
As long as all the four tyres have the same pressure the TPMS gives no warning.
The TPMS warns you only when there is a difference in tyre pressure between the tyres.
Well I was just quoting what I was told by the mechanic at the dealership. I assumed from what I’d read about tpms that it would tell me when any of the tyres has lost pressure, my husbands toyota does and so does a bmw I know of.
CX-3 Sports Nav AWD