Steering wheel leather (?) worn

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Congrats on the purchase of a CX-5. If you're a Facebook user, you ought to join Anchorman's Mazda CX-5 Owners Club UK group. You're welcome to contribute here too of course.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd

steve67

Post by steve67 »

we had blistering on our mazda2 steering wheel. had it replaced under warranty , no problem.
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

Well, got the wheel replaced under warranty, well sort of.
Dealer tried the fair wear n tear approach 1st, but didn't wash. Yes the car was over 3 years old, but i had just purchased Mazda extended warranty and dealer serviced and mot'd, so i stuck to my guns. He would not budge, but recommended that I contacted Mazda direct. Apparently i,as a customer have more weight than they do as a dealer. Also he claimed that a "good will jesture" has a MINIMUM amount of £250, and a new wheel was less the that, so there was no good will.
I never knew good will had a minimum value.........

Mazda confirmed the minimum value of good will, but after i sent pictures they agreed a full warranty replacement.

So RESULT......

but the i-stop, well, what a bag of S#it. It just annoys me now when it never works. Battery replaced, several deep charges over night. And no change. I have averaged 20 a day since service in August, but it rarely works.

Not happy with it, just a waste of money and time.

Rant over.

I'm sure it works fine for some of You guys, just not for me.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather Aug 2015
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Re the i-stop if you have the airflow setting to window and the fan on the i-stop will not work even if the air con button is not depressed.

That's the case for my car otherwise the i-stop works fine although it's a pointless gimmick.

I take it you don't have it on this setting ???
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

My i-stop works fine even when set on de-mist with the air con on, as long as it's not set to the minimum temperature.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

From within the "app" you can see which function is preventing i-stop from operating. I have played with everything and observed each function inhibiting i-stop and appreciate the inter-action of these devices, but in my case, it is always the battery that is preventing i-stop.

I just think it is a gimmick to appease the green warriors and to reach un realistic emissions targets forced on manufacturers.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Let's not turn this steering wheel topic into another I-stop topic, we have those already. Thanks.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

To steer this back on track (did you get that)

Did you get the old style NEW steering wheel or the later one.
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

No, the old/original type, but the leather does feel better, no doubt it just the newness....I am sure it will still polish up in time.

It just shows the power of these forums. I would never have known, the dealer would never have told me :evil: and Mazda would have got away with it. So share the knowledge guys, its us against the world.
Chocgeorge1

Post by Chocgeorge1 »

This has happened to my CX3. The steering wheel is rough and nasty. I don't wear rings or wear hand cream. Its 4 years old but started 6 months ago. I've never had this happen to any car I've had and I've had some old bangers.