DFF Regen causing High Oil Level warning???

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
IWRA

Post by IWRA »

I have reported DPF issues in the forum in the past and each time these have been dealt with without question under warranty. I have never noticed regeneration, nor have I had any experience with excess oil. I bought my diesel at a time when I was doing regular motorway runs, however I no longer do so and most of my driving is now around town. My previous 3 cars were diesels and I had no engine problems what so ever. I like the torque of the diesel engines and the good fuel economy.

The car is now out or warranty and I am very concerned about the problems reoccurring and having to pay to get them sorted out. I take the car on the motorway or dual carriageway as often as I can. I will look to replace the car next year earlier than I planned because of potential future DPF issues.
Mazda CX-3 1.5 2WD Manual Sport Nav - Soul red with half stone leather

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

:idea: What DaveG said! :idea:
8-)
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
steve67

Post by steve67 »

i have a 2018 transit, this is driven around town only/ short journeys- every few months it says 'drive transit' meaning take it for a blast down a dual carriage way and get it up to temp.... this sounds like what is needed by the cx3.
diesels are no good around town, i had a vw golf from new , got talked into the diesel and better mpg and better residuals ... off loaded it after 18 months never got better than 33mpg around town way off the official figures/ vw dieselgate...been in a petrol's since- getting 40mpg plus..
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

You can force a regen on a CX-3 but not by hammering it like you can pugs and such like. They are initiated under normal circumstances by either back pressure in the exhaust or on a time basis.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Nick_B

Post by Nick_B »

Thank you AndyRen and DaveG

I should find out today where we go from here.
2016 CX-3 1.5 SkyActiv Diesel Sport Nav (Manual) in Ceramic Metalic
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Mazda3Revolution DPF info :-

https://mazda3revolution.com/forums/201 ... ation.html

Another interesting post from Mazda3Revolution regarding an OBD2 cable and Android app to force re-gens :-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiccardoL View Post
how many km between one regeneration and another? on my 2.2 I noticed intervals of about 120km.....?
Mine does every 250-300 km. Using an ODB2 adapter and the "Smart Control Pro" app for Android you can monitor it easly.

Also with a special ODB2 cable (HS/MS) and the forscan app you can force it to do the regens anytime you want.

Link to Forescan app info :-
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... o&hl=en_GB
Nick_B

Post by Nick_B »

****UPDATE****
Mazda agreed to carry out the oil and filter change and reset the oil data as a gesture of goodwill.
We have agreed to monitor the situation.
Delighted with the result and very satisfied with the outcome.
Turnbull's Mazda York have been really good to deal with.
Thanks for everyone's input.
Nick_B
AndyRen

Post by AndyRen »

Great result Nick!
Keep an eye on it and don't forget your warranty ends in 2019 sometime, so don't leave things to later!!
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Good news. At least you've got the genuine oil & filter now, so just keep an eye on the dipstick level.

Periodically warm up the engine, then wait 5 mins. With the vehicle on a level surface, pull out the dipstick straight without twisting. In addition, when inserting the dipstick, always insert it without twisting so that the “X” mark faces the front of the vehicle. :)
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Nick_B

Post by Nick_B »

Andy and JTOnline

Thanks for all your help and the benefit of your knowledge.

It really is very much appreciated

With kind regards,

Nick_B