DCDC Converter recall

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Kimm

Post by Kimm »

Anyone else with a CX3 or 2 had a letter about this recall?
I called the dealership today to ask about it and they are telling me that their system shows no recall on my car. Only had it serviced on the 1st but letter is dated the 2nd. Getting back to me on Monday hopefully.
CX-3 Sports Nav AWD

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

There was a problem with this in the Mazda 6 a few years ago so i would be surprised they hadn't used the modified part on newer cars since then.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Here's a link to the recall instruction on the UK Govt Vehicle Standard Agency website. It affects the 2.0 petrol 150bhp manual AWD models, built between Feb 2015 and April 2017, that is fitted as standard with the i-ELOOP system i.e. regenerative braking.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls ... 000050B977
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
gmb

Post by gmb »

@Kimm, same as me, had the CX3 in for its first service last week, only to get the recall letter on Friday. Calling my local dealer on Monday
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

I have just had the recall too. After reading the mechanics of the energy recovery system, I wonder whether the sometimes reported jerky/lurching feeling, on over-run, can be attributed to this system. One would assume that the capacitor is being charged by the energy recovery system under engine braking conditions.
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

Had mine done this morning; it took just over 30 minutes.

Apparently the solution is to reprogram software but some cars do not have a reprogrammable chip. And Mazda do not know which cars, apparently. All seems a bit odd. They wouldn't get far making aircraft!

So if you don't need a new chip they reprogram in 30 minutes and if you do need a new chip a whole new unit needs to be installed - no idea how long that takes.
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.