Updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

I would be grateful for some advice regarding updates, I am old school and unfortunately modern technology has left me behind.
Reading other posts I understand that system updates are available.
My car is in for its first service soon, this is what the system screen displays:-
OS Version is 59 00 502 EUN
Failsafe version is 59 00 502.
What do these represent and are they the latest version, if not can they be updated under warranty without a specific problem being apparent.
Thank you in advance.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Without checking I think yours is an older version, if you complain of anything to do with the infotainment they'll probably update within the warranty period for free but not just because it's out of date.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Thanks Andy thought that was probably the case.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

DaveG,

Check out this posting viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1582&p=11101&hilit= ... und#p11101

It refers to the latest MZD Connect version 59.00.545A and various symptoms it fixes. If you mention one or more of them it should ensure your dealer upgrades your version under warranty. This is what I will be doing sometime in the next few weeks. I gather it also implements TMC (Traffic Message Channel https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traffic_message_channel) via the RDS which will be a free bonus.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Thank you st3, what are the symptoms you mentioned.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

DaveG wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:53 pm Thank you st3, what are the symptoms you mentioned.
According to jtonline's posting on that thread I that highlighted, these are some of the symptoms fixed by the latest version :-

- Speed limit does not show on some narrower roads.
- TSR does not alert at correct advance warning setting.
- House number not found error may appear even if address can be set.
- When entering an address, different house number may appear as destination while correct number actually set.
- When trying to enter a new destination some house numbers may not appear in the list to select from.

So mentioning to the dealer you are experiencing one or two of those should be enough for them to upgrade under warranty.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Thanks again for your help, I will go for the update based on your info.
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

WARNING.
Over the model years and depending on what country you live in, Mazda like many other vehicle manufacturers change specifications on their vehicles , also dealers limit the features which may come with a particular car,to control cost.

It would be good to know EXACTLY what rfeatures your car comes with.

eg :-
My CX3 only comes with very few play toys ,for me that is just great, because the more you have the more that can go wrong.

CRUISE CONTROL
Note :- On some models the OFF / CAN a duel notation steering wheel switch is high society, like Ramsbottom / Finchbottom , has two names for one switch .

CAN = CANCEL

I got stuck with >>>
> i Stop
> Cruise control = Very basic + a waste of time here, speed limit 35 K, we all do "what ever"!
> Traction control.

Somers CX3 Soul red
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

AndyRen

I sold my jeep to a lady who told me that she does not have time to read the owners manual.

Now I find that I am having to explain things to her on an if and when basis ,now you know that can get a little tediouse.
I am not sure if I am correct on this, but, I sence that there are some owners who fall in the same " no time to read" catagory or is it can not be bothered ?

As I have said before the owners manual is only a reference book, all a person needs to know is where to find the required topic like "Doors and Locks " Pae 3-10 +.

The best way to solve the dilemma is for an owner to read through" the index" at the back of the book ( don't say i did not tell you ) that is where I go to find out" stuff".

You may recall that I lost 6th gear, well, it is hiding above the legal speed limit where I live, my Red Dragon vehicle will not go into 6 th gear unless I resach that particluar gears justifyable speed , neither will it go from say 3 rd to 4 th unless the vehicle reaches that 4 th gear justifyable speed.

CX3 RED DRAGON .
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Back on track

My system is OS Version is 59 00 502 and the latest is 545.

My car is due a service next month and if i get the update does it mean all the data i have saved i.e. sat nav favourites,radio stations etc will need to be re inputted.

Thanks

Mark