Strange beeping - 1 long 2 short

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Mazmac

Post by Mazmac »

This morning while driving about town I got some strange beeping noises. It happened a few times at about 30-40 mph. After a couple of times I realised it was always one long beep followed by two short beeps. No new lights show on the dash. Can't seem to find any specific beep code references for this. Anyone had this?
CX3 Sport Nav Petrol AWD Soul Red

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Do you have the safety pack?
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Mazmac

Post by Mazmac »

No I don’t. I do have a slightly damaged rear parking sensor but had it a while and hasn’t been a problem so far as all works fine when reversing.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

If you have a fault on a rear parking sensor, instead of a single short beep when you put it in reverse, you get 1 long and 2 short beeps from the parking sensor sounder behind the dashboard, just below the panel of switches to the right of the steering wheel.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Mazmac

Post by Mazmac »

Thanks for the info jtonline. That would seem logical then. However I get a normal beep when reversing. The sequence only happens going forward at about 30 mph. In for service next week so will get the dealer to sort it. Will post the result.