Dashboard rattle

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

I've got an intermittent quiet buzz coming from the dials immediately ahead on dashboard. Intensely irritating. At first I put it down to hard road surface or overinflated tyres etc, but during recent coldish spell-up it comes again!
Yes indeed--the radio is helpful in disguising these funnies till I get used to them!
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Dogfuzz wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:34 am I've got an intermittent quiet buzz coming from the dials immediately ahead on dashboard. Intensely irritating. At first I put it down to hard road surface or overinflated tyres etc, but during recent coldish spell-up it comes again!
Yes indeed--the radio is helpful in disguising these funnies till I get used to them!
I had the same thing on my Alfa, which I thought was coming from the dials. I went out with a technician from the dealer and he pressed his hand against the windscreen and it stopped. They removed and re-sealed the windscreen and it magically stopped.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

Once I have put the CX3 tire rumble noise to bed,
if I listen very carefull I will hear a faint "ping" noise while driving is not offensive , I am thinking that it could be the automatic gearbox solonoid engaging the gears , the exhaust noise some what muffles the sound.

If you hear a click ;click; click, y'all got a nail in your tire , dont take it out.
Never under estimate fate ,you can have more than one flat in one day.

Somers CX3 Soul red Auto

image.png

image.png

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

SOMERS wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:03 pm if I listen very carefull I will hear a faint "ping" noise while driving is not offensive , I am thinking that it could be the automatic gearbox solonoid engaging the gears , the exhaust noise some what muffles the sound.

Somers CX3 Soul red Auto
Now *that* sound could be the Air Con compessor kicking in and out! Try switching the AC off and try to hear it....
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

AndyRen
Wow ! Andy you are absolutely correct as always, as I do have the air-conditioning set on automatic .
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

SOMERS wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:35 pm AndyRen
Wow ! Andy you are absolutely correct as always, as I do have the air-conditioning set on automatic .
👍
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

First you have to determin what type of sound you are looking for.

I wonder what could be bouncing around in the glove box or in the boot ?
The car jack can come loose and make noise if not properly fastened .
The neighbours cat or even their rats could spend the night under the hood or wheel rims.
Some times exhause pipes get loose if the rubber hangers fail.
Unusual sounds in a car give a false sence of origin / location.

CX3 soul red Auto 2018
MXS

Post by MXS »

I have recently fixed an annoying buzzy rattle coming from the offside dash area near the tweeter speaker by sticking a Velcro felt patch in between the dash and the pillar cover. No more noise!
2018 CX-3 Sat Nav +
Extras include scuff plates, aluminium pedal kit, boot liner and mud flaps
MXS

Post by MXS »

MXS wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:19 am I have recently fixed an annoying buzzy rattle coming from the offside dash area near the tweeter speaker by sticking a Velcro felt patch in between the dash and the pillar cover. No more noise!
Well the buzzing vibrating noise returned to my dismay, so I invested in some self adhesive felt pads from my local pound store, and placed 4 of them at equal distances along where the dashboard meets the windscreen (the sticky surface pressed to the glass) and no more buzzing and rattling!

I must say that the dash fitment is not the best compared to other Japanese marques such as Honda, Toyota, Nissan etc... :x
2018 CX-3 Sat Nav +
Extras include scuff plates, aluminium pedal kit, boot liner and mud flaps
Cristian1959

Post by Cristian1959 »

Noise sources discovered by me;
Overhead passenger handlers.
Hot air exhaust at driver's foot.
Closure of the glove compartment.
Seatbelt.
The BOSE Amplifier Box under the passenger seat.
The plastic box covering sensors on the windshield, from the interior mirror.
All noises have been solved with 6mm self-adhesive sponge tape.
Success.
MAZDA CX 3 G150 AT, AWD, REVOLUTION TOP,