Brake disk + pad replacement

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
igloo_si

Post by igloo_si »

identified as needed in about 5-6k miles -> around 43k miles

Mazda dealer quoted £400 (front only i recall) and that seems a bit steep.

Any other decent alternative options available?
Petrol Ceramic White SE-L 03/16 CX3

anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Get a few prices from local garages then go back to your dealer. They will compete if you barter.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

£400 !!! It's a 90-minute job and approx £125 for 2 disks, a set of pads and some brake cleaner fluid.
Tell them to p**s off and go elsewhere to an independent garage, stop giving hard earned money to these "stealers"
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
igloo_si

Post by igloo_si »

I'll check the brand currently fitted and shop around.
Was hoping anyone with more mileage had already gone through replacement
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

Hi
Recently replaced the rear pads on my 51k 150bhp awd.A simple replace job as I had a wind back tool for the caliper piston.Make sure you adjust the handbrake as well,undo a couple of philips screws at rear of plastic console lift up and adjust with a long series 10 mm socket.

£400,Don't make me laugh.£ 32.76 for a set of Brembo Pads and a couple of hours on the drive.

Brembo Brake Pad (Rear)Product Code: 10168034A £ 32.76 Price £ 50.90SAVE 36%
2015,UK. CX-3 2.O Sport Nav, AWD.Petrol,Manual.Soul Red.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

They aren’t all crooks - they have massive overheads at dealers but they will see if a customer will pay retail. However, I might prefer the dealer to an independent unless I know them well enough.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

What does the OP think is a reasonable price given the overheads a dealer has in providing a showroom to Mazda spec, providing free refreshments, providing the use of a loan car, the salaries of non earning staff (such as the service receptionist).

I could go on with a longer list of thr costs the garage incurs...
igloo_si

Post by igloo_si »

i was expecting something just north of £200 which would have been inline with what i paid for the same replacement at ford dealership for a fiesta + account for bigger brakes
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

igloo_si wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:10 pm i was expecting something just north of £200 which would have been inline with what i paid for the same replacement at ford dealership for a fiesta + account for bigger brakes
I agree,wouldn't pay anymore than that however much free coffee and wi-fi these overcharging main dealers think they can get away with.