sign recognition

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

Referring to the previous post regarding possible Camera issues. One presumes the "lane departure warning" also uses the forward camera, and that seems to work OK, if annoyingly so!!!
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Yes, they seem to be connected on my version.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

It's official............I give up! I'm beginning to doubt whether there is actually a camera behind that black plastic housing.
I contacted Mazda UK a couple of weeks ago about the auto dipping and road sign recognition, or rather the lack of them. They suggested a software update, which was done by the dealer on Tuesday. The dealer also suggested that if the interior of the screen was remotely "dirty" that could affect the camera, to which I pointed out that the bit of screen in front of the camera couldn't actually be soiled, or indeed cleaned by me!
My flabbers were gasted!!
Anyway, the upshot is that they still don't function!! So I'll have to extend my 50 years of manual dipping, and reading of road signs, for another few years I suppose!!
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Not sure if this will help, but I had issues with mine not functioning sign and auto dipping, it turned out the camera had come unstuck from the screen....when you looked at the outside of the screen where the camera is sited it not initially evident. I ended up having to have a new screen fitted as it was the holder fitted on production at fault, and not possible to retro fit.
Probably not the same with yours but like you I puzzled over it for a while, and it wasn't till the dealer took the black cover of from the inside the car that they discovered the reason. Worth checking.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

Thanks Dave, it does indeed sound similar.
Any ideas on how to remove the black plastic cover?
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

Right!!! I removed the black plastic cover (it unclips by moving it sideways) and slid out the camera, still plugged in. I blocked out the light sensor with some tape, turned on the ignition, put lights on auto and main beam. then put a very bright LED light right into the camera lens.................no reaction at all!
Conclusion; the camera doesn't work!
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Your dealer should be checking it works before returning to you.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Sooner the auto function on my wipers did not work, I think thats what prompted the dealer to check the camera, do your auto wipers function, obviously its the easiest camera function to test.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

HouseSpider........it begs a question doesn't it. My test seems quite an obvious one and I can't see any reason why it's not a valid one, or indeed a reason why the dealer wouldn't also carry it out. But suggesting that the inside of the screen wasn't spotless seemed to do for them!!
I've sent another E-Mail to Mazda UK, we'll see what transpires??
DaveG. There may be another sensor for detecting rain on the screen next to the light sensor, but not sure of that. Similarly you would expect that the Lane departure warning would also be related to the camera function, and that "seems" to work, of sorts, although it's response to white lines is very erratic and often non existent.
But of course there is something which interprets what the camera is seeing and that, despite the supposed software update, could be at fault.
Brum1955

Post by Brum1955 »

I am under the impression that traffic sign recognition and auto headlamp dipping is included in the optional safety pack. Do you have this option fitted?
Just taken delivery of CX3 Sport Nav 2000 petrol manual in Eternal Blue Mica. This replaces my 21 year old Xedos Sport 2 litre V6.