Condensation on windscreen

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Gadgetman.....when I started this thread my complaints were much as yours. However after following advice from other members especially as Handy Andy has suggested.. I have been turning off the air con and heat before arriving home, opening the tailgate and doors briefly and it has not misted up since despite these last two nights being really cold.
I know we shouldn't have to do these things but for me it is less of a pain than misting up, so thank you to all the members that contributed in solving the issue.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019

SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

DaveG wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:24 pm Does anyone else have a problem with condensation on the inside of the windscreen when parked overnight now the weather is colder.
My CX3 seems a lot worse than previouse cars I have owned. I have checked for obviouse leaks in the car, and the aircon is permantly on.
DAVEG
Date Nov 22 /18
Conditions : windy , cloudy ocasional Sun . 3.00 Pm .Atlantic
Colour : Soul Red
Car: CX3
All windows closed.
Tempreture shift , while all day parked outside , cold engine.
Device : Mercury Themoneter records highest and lowest tempretures.
High Outside vehicle : 70 F = 21 C
HIgh Inside vehicle : 80 F = 26 C
Results :No widow condensation.

2018 CX3 Auto Soul red
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Hi SOMERS
We dont have problems at those temperatures.
We have problems when it's near freezing and the air is damp.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Yes indeed-just spotted this one. Mine always mists overnight and the SBS "off" yellow light comes on till the cabin has warmed-usually a 7 minute drive does the trick. Anyone else get the SBS "off" light illuminating on a misty morning( I posted in decemberr on this getting a good reply from JTOnline)
Then-what I have also found , when the vehicle cabin is fully warmed is that that if all the windows are closed and you do not have either a little bit of fan or air con-the inside, those windows soon steam up. This tells me that the cabin is pretty well sealed.
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018
Kimm

Post by Kimm »

I too suffer with condensation on the inside of my windscreen. This is the worse car I’ve ever had for it. I rang the dealership a year ago and told them how bad it was and I was told someone would call me back but no one ever did, no surprise there to be honest. The seal on my old Mazda 3 had failed around the windscreen and would let loads of water in so you can imagine how bad it was in there on a frosty morning but it seems so unnecessary in a 2 year old motor. I wouldn’t mind the fogging up but this is proper wet and annoying 😞
CX-3 Sports Nav AWD
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Blimey, I don’t do any of the above. Never heard such tripe as a special calcite for the exhaust, it goes straight down the back like most cars and opening doors or covering the car? Nah, just get in and drive. I must admit, it did steam a bit in heavy rain but keep the cabin filter clean and all it needed was a couple more notches on the fan speed.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Kimm

Post by Kimm »

Dogfuzz wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:51 am Yes indeed-just spotted this one. Mine always mists overnight and the SBS "off" yellow light comes on till the cabin has warmed-usually a 7 minute drive does the trick. Anyone else get the SBS "off" light illuminating on a misty morning( I posted in decemberr on this getting a good reply from JTOnline)
Then-what I have also found , when the vehicle cabin is fully warmed is that that if all the windows are closed and you do not have either a little bit of fan or air con-the inside, those windows soon steam up. This tells me that the cabin is pretty well sealed.
No, my SBS light has never come on. Surely that shouldn’t do that? I’d get it check if it was my car doing it.
CX-3 Sports Nav AWD
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Yes, they do sometimes do that if the window mists up. It’s normal and there is often a message saying don’t expect it to work until the windscreen is fully demisted.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Clmoseley

Post by Clmoseley »

Hi, I am a new owner of a CX3 (well new to me - it’s a 65 plate Sport 1.5D model). I’ve owned it since 12th January this year. Every cold morning, the inside of the windscreen has been frozen or fogged up. I am having to defrost the inside as well as the outside - incredibly time consuming and frustrating! Anyway, it’s booked into a main dealer for them to inspect next Friday. It’s only the windscreen that freezes, all the other windows are fine. Has anyone else had this? I’m assuming a leak, but are they easy to diagnose and resolve? Many thanks.
mlambton

Post by mlambton »

Im a new owner of a late 2016 CX3. I have exactly the same problem. It happens almost randomly (not only when its wet). For example today went out at 0900 after a cold and very wet night and no sign of misting. Came to drive it back a few hours later after the skies cleared and the sun had been out and the screen had fully misted. No sign of leaks so would love to hear what your dealer says.