Condensation on windscreen

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Does anyone else have a problem with condensation on the inside of the windscreen when parked overnight now the weather is colder.
My CX3 seems a lot worse than previouse cars I have owned. I have checked for obviouse leaks in the car, and the aircon is permantly on.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019

BRY

Post by BRY »

Yes i have and then it froze.
Cx-3 SE-L Navigation Auto petrol eternal blue 2019
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

In my experience of condensation on the inside of the windows it has always been due to dampness / water lying somewhere in the car
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

Just having people in the car will cause condensation in my old cars I just ran the airconditioning full on .

Remember i mentioned having a chamois leather handy for an emergecy.

However, today it was raining my airconditioning would not give me any joy,apparently on automatic the car knows when there is no need to run the air-conditioning .

To see it it worked I turned the tempreture" left dial " down to colder and the thing kicked in , proving that it works so I re set the diaback" top dead center" which is 72F degrees .

There are spacific setting for the CX3 to cope with wind screen fogging, besides the chamois leather.

Glory be ! I found the tyre pressure sweet spot it's in the book. The car is a real jewel to drive .

SOMERS CX3 Soul red Auto
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

DaveG wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:24 pm Does anyone else have a problem with condensation on the inside of the windscreen when parked overnight now the weather is colder.
My CX3 seems a lot worse than previouse cars I have owned. I have checked for obviouse leaks in the car, and the aircon is permantly on.
DaveG
You have a 2017 CX3 the systems in your car are either "A" or "B":
I am not exactly sure which system you have .

In future I will post below A or B when I verify my code .:::::: WHICH IS TYPE "B" (touchscreen):::::::

SOMERS Cx3 ~ 2018 Soul Red Auto Type "B"
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Thanks Somers, but the problem isn't de fogging the screen during use which is taken care of efficiently with the air condition controls, its when the car is left unoccupied for a few hours or overnight now the temperature is dropping.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I do get some condensation on the inside but have not worried about it as it is cleared alot more efficient than my last car (which still had the issue).
My understaning of the principles of condensation (please correct me if I'm wrong) are basically the temperature of moisture within the air being reduced below the dew point on contact with the cold glass. If you're getting more condensation then you've probably got more moisture within the car. This can come from various sources including yourself, pets, clothing especially damp. If the internally temperature of the car is higher then the more you will sweat, your dog pant, damp clothes dry, etc, and increase that % of moisture inthe air. Glass in a more exposed location (and potentially being higher off the ground) will leach away more heat from the inside of the car and maybe prone to more condensation.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

......And the warmer the air the more moisture it will hold.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

I wonder how many forum members have garages, but do not use them for their intended purpose.

I live in a road of 17 properties, all of which have garages, and 8 of these have double garages including my own. I am one of only 3 out of the 17 who keep their cars in the garage. The rest fill them up with bikes, lawnmowers, freezers, in fact anything except cars, and on a frosty morning there they are scraping their windscreens.

The best protection anyone can give their car is a dry garage.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

HouseSpider.....thanks for your input, I think your assessment is totally correct, I noticed this morning my neighbors cars a Mazda2 and 3_totally clear my Mazda fogged up, last winter mine was fine as well. I am beginning to think that the new windscreen that the dealer had fitted last March is not fully sealed and letting moisture in. Think I will pay them a visit

Zoylander.....yes guilty turned mine into a nice little gym.