Broken / sqeaky drivers seat

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

After several weeks of my drivers seat sqeaking, and, i think, slowly sinking, i decided to investigate.

I traced the sqeak to the offside seat bolster, where the vertical leather panel has come unstuck from the seat frame. There is a hole in the panel which is supposed to hook over a small bracket on the seat frame - this has also come away.

Looks like i need to reglue the bolster but further investigatiobn is required into the sinking / lowering of the seat.

DaveG

Post by DaveG »

I have had the same problem with the sinking seat....there are several previous posts regarding this. If I recall correctly a member took his complaint to the ombudsman or citizens advice only to be told he has no case as it is normal and accepted practice to adjust your seat when you enter your car.
I have had the sinking seat problem on previous cars as well, on my CX3 as I am the only driver I made a little prop the correct length to support the seat at a height that suits me.
Mazda will tell you that you are knocking the adjuster with your leg on entry and exiting the car making it sink, rubbish of course I fixed the handle in position so it couldn't move went to the dealers made them measure the seat height, went back after a while got them to measure the height yes it had sunk.
However my little bodge is OK for me.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019