Fitting Front Mudflaps

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

These are very easy mudflaps to fit. It will make far more sense when you start work. There is no need to remove the wheel, you can manage with the steering turned. I had the wheels off for another reason.

I’ve attached the pdf instructions so you can see but just to help illustrate the process, I’ve added some photos.

You will see that in illustration 1, you are required to cut the wheel arch liner.

I removed this stud which simply gave me a little more space to get the side cutters in;

The liner is already scribed and all you need to do is cut along the lines and create an opening for the captive nut. The hole is already drilled but you just need to snip out the cross bar in the inset of illustration 1.

There are 2 captive nuts to fit. One goes where I made the cut and the other goes underneath on the sill. The captive nuts need pushing quite hard to get them to slide in so I used a closed pair of pliers to exert more force. These mudflaps fit better than any others I have fitted in the past. Just screw the bolts in hand tight then push them up to the body while you nip them tight.

pdf instructions;
CX3 Front Mudflap.pdf
(180.55 KiB) Downloaded 754 times
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD

Gus

Post by Gus »

Good guide Anchorman, I cheated and got the dealer to do it. :D
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
DamiusX

Post by DamiusX »

Anchorman, is it possible to get your instructions for the rear mud flap install? I saw your post on the other forum with the pictures, but it looks like your instructions attachment has been deleted from there. Or is that attachment just a scan of the instructions that came with the parts? I have my flaps and am ready to install, but it looks like your guide might be very helpful.
I saw your posts that describe your frustration with these forums and posting large files, but if you could upload to a Dropbox or email I would be eternally grateful.
Also, other than common tools do I need any special tools? In one of your pics it looks like you have some kind of tool for prying body panels?
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

CX3 Rear Mudflaps.pdf
(506.84 KiB) Downloaded 584 times
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

DamiusX wrote:Anchorman, is it possible to get your instructions for the rear mud flap install? I saw your post on the other forum with the pictures, but it looks like your instructions attachment has been deleted from there. Or is that attachment just a scan of the instructions that came with the parts? I have my flaps and am ready to install, but it looks like your guide might be very helpful.
I saw your posts that describe your frustration with these forums and posting large files, but if you could upload to a Dropbox or email I would be eternally grateful.
Also, other than common tools do I need any special tools? In one of your pics it looks like you have some kind of tool for prying body panels?
I’ve added the pdf instructions separately. The tool in the photo is just a standard trim tool which make the job easier but those trim studs will pop out quite easily with 2 screwdrivers. Our link seems to work OK for me;

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=172&p=885&hilit=fi ... flaps#p885
Nick-uk

Post by Nick-uk »

Do you know if the mud flaps on the front will fit the GT Sport model as I think the side trim is slightly different?
~Nick~
CX-3 GT Sport Ceramic
Jroper

Post by Jroper »

It seems the the only part number available, DB4F-V3-450, fits all three.

https://www.mazdanyparts.com/oem-parts/ ... NC1nYXM%3D
2017 CX-3 Sport, Auto, AWD
TEB

Post by TEB »

Thanks for these comprehensive guides; just fitted the full set to our newly acquired CX3 today and this helped speed up the task. Also found I needed a can of wax oil, as there was surface corrosion starting to develop around the welds securing the exhaust hangers in place, along with some of the brake pipe fittings. Going to need more to treat the underside of the boot floor too at some point, as it seems to have been left with just a base coat finish for protection, though minimal anticorrosion treatment underneath seems standard with most brands these days.
2018/68 CX-3 150ps AWD Sport Nav +, Machine Grey, Manual