Heated Steering Wheel

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
TINO

Post by TINO »

Yes I know it's been about before but have a query ????
My cx3 heats up the steering wheel for around 3 min then goes off for 30min ????
The wifes new sport black comes on and stays on until switched off ???? Puzzled. :?: :?: :?:
The middle of the road is a dangerous place, you have to take sides. :)

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Hi Tino,

Really don't know why they are different! I would just be happy I had a heated wheel, even if it was only for 3 minutes. Mine was pre-heated steering wheels so any advance is very appreciated. If I was you I would just be happy to have warm hands for 3 mins and then turn it on again if you need it. Chill out!
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

I think you need to check again. They have exactly the same control module and it modulates the power to stop it overheating.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
kzg1969

Post by kzg1969 »

mines comes on and warms up nicely, then starts to cool off after a few mins. never gets cold, but certainly does drop off quite a bit. No where near 30mins.....maybe 2-3mins
2018 Eternal Blue 2.0 Sport Nav Auto
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

Why is it necessary any way after the cabin has warmed up?
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

I have Neuropathy in my finger and I find the warmth great, mine goes off after 3 or 4 minutes which by that time I am toasty warm :D
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

The best ever addition to the CX-3 is the heated steering wheel. I used to suffer a lot with very painful fingers during the winter. This is amazing.
It is obviously thermostatically controlled. It comes on, heats my fingers then switches off, cools down and then comes back on again. Love it, love it, love it! :D
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
clawhn

Post by clawhn »

I agree. The heated s/wheel is a brilliant bit of kit. On cold winter mornings when my fingers are freezing after scraping frosty windows I can drive off with my hands being nicely warmed up.........lovely.
2018 Mazda CX3 Sport Nav+ Petrol Manual Eternal Blue. Detachable tow bar. Blaenavon, South Wales.