DPF regen again

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Biker_Rob

Post by Biker_Rob »

I've had my CX3 since new in March 2017. Now it's got 12.5k on it and it does the DPF regen about every 200 miles. I don't thrash it and I don't do much motorway, but isn't that normal?

I'm tempted to claim mis-selling. They didn't tell me that although when running normally it's a nice engine with decent economy, for about 10% of the time it'll be running like a dump truck and getting about 20 mpg.

I reckon I'd be spending about the same on fuel if I had kept my 08 Fiesta 1.6D and bought half a gallon of diesel every week and poured it down the toilet.

Road tax £20 p.a. DPF tax about £150 p.a.
CX-3 Sport Nav 1.5D Manual 2WD Soul Red 2017

anchorman

Post by anchorman »

It’s normal and it’s the price of meeting current emission legislation. You’ll find that current diesel anythings do similar things.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

With that sort of mileage, you would be better off with a petrol engine.
Simmscol

Post by Simmscol »

Since I've had mine I get 100 miles then regen for about 15-20 miles. I questioned the frequency at the dealer during last service but they were not interested. Have had to have one oil change already as diesal leaked into the oil if full regen doesn't occur. Not happy and would never buy again.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

As Anchor man says - it's a diesel thing and not a Mazda thing! If you're not crusing the motorways doing hundreds of miles a week (ish) then a modern diesel's not for you.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Commuting to and from work for me is 162 miles a week (137 miles on 'A' class roads & 25 miles on unclassified country lanes).
I regularly do an 87 mile trip on a weekend (69 miles of which is 'A' & 'B' roads with 18 miles motorway), plus some town trips to the shops etc during the week.

My car's done just over 47k miles since new.

I'm getting an average 45mpg between fill-ups according to the MZD-Connect fuel economy graph (I've not done brim to brim calculations, as it is what it is).

I don't notice when mine does DPF regenerations. (Regeneration normally starts when the accumulated particulate matter in the DPF reaches 5-6g/l.)

I had an oil change done 4 months ahead of the service this year, when the flexible oil change indicator said it needed doing. There is a known issue with the injector spray pattern on some diesels (Repair Guidance document R032/17) and so my dealer is going to check & replace the injectors if necessary later this month.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd