Aircon failures

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

The condenser on my 2016 model was found to be leaking at the first annual service and was replaced under warranty. It has been trouble free since then.
The SE has manual temperature controls which are easy to use, so no "control logic" problems for me.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.

santa

Post by santa »

My AC has alway worked perfectly but I've just had the condenser replaced anyway, even though my car was out of warranty.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
Stedmeister

Post by Stedmeister »

Worst car air con I’ve ever had. Just had the evaporator changed this week, a few weeks after the condenser. The air is cold bu5 not what I would term refrigerated cold and then only when it’s on the lowest setting. Really frustrated with it.
2016 Soul Red Sport Nav. Manual petrol.
BWJ

Post by BWJ »

Stedmeister wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:43 pm Worst car air con I’ve ever had. Just had the evaporator changed this week, a few weeks after the condenser. The air is cold bu5 not what I would term refrigerated cold and then only when it’s on the lowest setting. Really frustrated with it.
Your air con must be faulty, mine can make the cabin freezing cold.
CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Stedmeister wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:43 pm Worst car air con I’ve ever had. Just had the evaporator changed this week, a few weeks after the condenser. The air is cold bu5 not what I would term refrigerated cold and then only when it’s on the lowest setting. Really frustrated with it.
Have you had the 3 dial control unit changed yet? The symptoms you describe are exactly what I had prior to having the control unit replaced - I'd already had a new condenser a year previously. Refer to my previous post in this thread for more details regarding the control unit - it is a problem associated with all UK spec cars produced prior to Sep 2016.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Stedmeister

Post by Stedmeister »

St3v3-cx3.

We’ve been on holiday but took car to dealer yesterday as the only way we get cold air is when dial is set at 15 degrees. Told service manager this was a control unit issue and was disappointed with them that they didn’t replace this at the same time as the evaporator. Also told him this was a relatively common problem but he said he had never come across this before which I find hard to believe. Anyway hopefully will be replaced next week. If not a letter will be sent to Mazda Europe as I’m fed up with constantly having to return the car and also the associated costs with doing so. On the plus side he was quick to extol the virtues of how good Mazda were at honouring warranty claims after the initial three years and quoted an example of them replacing a corroded alloy after 5 years. Well guess what one of my diamond cut alloys is a little corroded so I will be definitely putting in a claim for that which to me will be a good return for all the hassle.
Daimaxboyce

Post by Daimaxboyce »

Got a April 2017 registered CX-3 and my daughter has said the Aircon has reduced severely in the car . It’s only just over 2 years old , is this normal .
Could this have the Aircon fault others have spoken about with faulty condensers and pipes .
It has the new R1234yf Aircon gas which seems to be about 3 times more expensive than the previous gas used.
Pointless regassing it if the condenser is faulty .
Tried to check in a Mazda recall link supplied in another forum but it does not recognise my Vin number .
Mazda CX-3 Sport 2.0 Ltr Petrol - Manual -
Dynamic Blue Mica colour - March 2017

Mazda CX-3 Sport 2.0Ltr Petrol Manual
Dark Blue colour - December 2018
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

There were 3 different problems with the air con system in the cars produced up to various dates finishing 1st Nov 2016. They were evaporator leakage, condenser leakage and control unit logic problems. These shouldn't affect a car first registered in April 2017. As the car is still under the initial 3yr warranty I'd recommend the car is booked in to a Mazda dealer for the system to be fully checked out. I believe air con problems wouldn't be covered by the recall system as they are obviously not deemed to make the car dangerous to drive.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

As st3v3cx-3 said, plus it's worth checking the dust/pollen filter behind the glovebox isn't clogged up.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Stedmeister

Post by Stedmeister »

Agree with what jtonline has suggested. This is what our filter looked like which was the cause of all our air con problems

DCF2DCD3-2588-4D07-BAEA-0E729FE75AE8.jpeg