FFC

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

SoonerV8 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:41 pm I finally have given up. My local dealership, under instruction from Mazda UK, have had my CX3 twice to try and make sense of non functioning adaptive headlights (apart from bending round corners that is) , non functioning road sign recognition and very erratic lane departure warning...
I don't have the documents for a CX-3, but the following info for an MX-5 shows that aiming the Forward Sensing Camera (FSC) is a bit of a palaver involving the Mazda diagnostics computer and a target, and needs to be performed if the camera or its clip are tampered with or the windscreen is replaced or the ride height is altered:- http://mazdaman.x10host.com/sm353673/

I haven't got High Beam Control (HBC) or Adaptive LED Headlights (ALH) on my model, so I can't comment on how well those systems work and whether your car is any worse than others, but there are sections in the 2018 Owner's Manual that lists a plethora of conditions that may cause either system not to adjust the beam in a timely manner:-
The timing in which the system switches the headlights changes under the following conditions. If the system does not switch the headlights appropriately, manually switch between high and low beams according to the visibility as well as road and traffic conditions.
􀁸 When there are sources of light in the area such as street lamps, illuminated signboards,
and traffic signals.
􀁸 When there are reflective objects in the surrounding area such as reflective plates and
signs.
􀁸 When visibility is reduced under rain, snow and foggy conditions.
􀁸 When driving on roads with sharp turn or hilly terrain.
􀁸 When the headlights/rear lamps of vehicles in front of you or in the opposite lane are dim
or not illuminated.
􀁸 When there is [in]sufficient darkness such as at dawn or dusk.
􀁸 When the luggage compartment is loaded with heavy objects or the rear passenger seats
are occupied.
􀁸 When visibility is reduced due to a vehicle in front of you spraying water from its tyres
onto your windscreen.
HBC -

ALH -

I have got Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS} but drive with it switched off most of the time due to false activations. I'm pretty sure it's down to the condition of the road surface on the country roads I drive on. I'm sure it works well on a flat motorway with consistent white lines.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

switchback wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:51 pm … not noticed the headlamps turning either, I'll have to check them some time 8-) .
If you have the Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) that adjusts the LED headlights left or right in conjunction with the operation of the steering wheel, the feature may be switched off. You can switch the feature on/off via the MZD Connect infotainment screen. If you have it set on and then get the MZD Connect operating system updated it usually resets it to off.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

Yes to all above except the blind spot monitoring. I've just been looking at the CX3 pamphlet. Hell it looks like you are right adaptive headlights and sign recognition are not a standard fitment although both Mazda UK and the dealer said it was on mine!!!.
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

SoonerV8 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:04 pm Yes to all above except the blind spot monitoring. I've just been looking at the CX3 pamphlet. Hell it looks like you are right adaptive headlights and sign recognition are not a standard fitment although both Mazda UK and the dealer said it was on mine!!!.
At least you can rest assured that the system isn't faulty ;) I have the safety pack on my MX-5 and I don't miss the features when I use the CX-3.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
switchback

Post by switchback »

jtonline wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:04 pm
switchback wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:51 pm … not noticed the headlamps turning either, I'll have to check them some time 8-) .
If you have the Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) that adjusts the LED headlights left or right in conjunction with the operation of the steering wheel, the feature may be switched off. You can switch the feature on/off via the MZD Connect infotainment screen. If you have it set on and then get the MZD Connect operating system updated it usually resets it to off.
It was switched OFF.........................I now have cornering lights (none safety pack version). Thanks for your help JT :D .
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
switchback

Post by switchback »

SoonerV8 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:04 pm Hell it looks like you are right adaptive headlights and sign recognition are not a standard fitment although both Mazda UK and the dealer said it was on mine!!!.
It appears that cornering headlights and sign recognition are though. At least on mine they are..............
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

I remain a totally confused "flat-earther"!!!!
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

My LEDs turns on cornering, not too noticeable on slow road curves but very noticeable and useful on more acute bends.
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.